MotoGP changes | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP changes

I have said this before....but they buried the lead with onboard communication....how do they not have instant tech to tell the riders of red flags/yellow zones.....needs to be automated. imagine an ipad where you could touch the corner you just saw someone go down in that then sent a "turn 8 yellow zone" message to all riders.

They've already introduced big, visible LED warning lights in all corners on international-level circuits in addition to the regular marshal flags, which will certainly help a bit. But all of the recent fatalities have occurred from a rider falling on the track and being hit by a closely following bike literally a fraction of a second later. The packs of riders in these lower classes are 10 or 15 kids riding nose-to-tail, drafting each other. There's no time to react when you're that close together even if you do somehow get a warning out instantly.

I don't think there's going to be a noticeable improvement just by raising the age limit for each class. There's been some talk about making the smaller bikes more powerful so that the necessity of drafting (and the resultant nose-to-tail packs) becomes less important. But the best suggestion I've seen so far involves simply restricting what gear ratios are permissible:

making calls on a track
trained folks are necessary
flags are there

the riders job is to stay focused; not play traffic control w ipad messages ?

Back
Top Bottom