Middleweight nakeds review | GTAMotorcycle.com

Middleweight nakeds review

bigpoppa

Triumph trident and mt07 looking good!

Damn I thought this was something complete different..

Pics or it didn't happen...

Apparently the RS660 flat spot before 7k can be tuned out through the ECU, so I'd assume the same for the baby Tuono. Not sure if it's a Euro/EPA thing, similar to what a lot of the litre sportbikes have to deal with...

Apparently the RS660 flat spot before 7k can be tuned out through the ECU, so I'd assume the same for the baby Tuono. Not sure if it's a Euro/EPA thing, similar to what a lot of the litre sportbikes have to deal with...
for sure it is.

long as it doesn't void the warranty

long as it doesn't void the warranty
I have yet to hear of Aprilia refusing warranty work because of a flash, but it comes down to the dealer and what they report. I haven't had to rely on Vos or Two Wheel, either...

I love this type of review but it seemed like the reviewers didn't like the results....they had a hard time agreeing with the Aprilia being finishing so high on the list. Although all the subjective categories had the same weight in the standings. The Aprillia had the lowest scores for engine/grins/ergos (I didn't like to ride it) and still almost won the test because it has the best suspension and brakes (as it should with the highest price by far). Having said that it does look good....but it is the only one with a fairing.

I love this type of review but it seemed like the reviewers didn't like the results...
Motorcycle.com group tests have always had wacky results, especially if John Burns or Evans Brasfield are involved. They remind me most of the old Cycle World / Motorcyclist magazine tests, with a healthy dose of grumpy old man blended with wilfully contrarian opinions.

Still, they're not the first to complain about the 660 Aprilias having a flat spot at 7k, though that seems to be a US specific complaint, which suggests some EPA-related choking. Bike Magazine in the UK just did a group test with the Tuono 660, Trident and MT-07. They mark the Aprilia down for being too expensive for the class and too serious, but call the engine 'eager' and say it has by far the most sporty suspension and handling. They give the Yamaha the win as the best value option that's most fun to ride at less than full speed without feeling like you have to attack every corner.

Back
Top Bottom