M2 Zero Tolerance and a G License | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Zero Tolerance and a G License

If you have an M1 or an M2 and have had your G less than 24 months, then you are considered a ‘novice’ driver, and the zero BAC for novice drivers applies if you are driving a motor vehicle (m/c or car). If you are under 21, then zero BAC also applies to you regardless of what you are driving.

If you have an M1 or M2 and G>24mths and >20-yrs-old, then zero BAC applies if you are riding an m/c, not when you are driving a car.

Note: >0.050 and impaired are criminal code offences, not just HTA administrative suspensions as per the above. Be careful out there!
Good morning! Just wondering if you're a copper or a lawyer? (Your avatar DOES look like Serpico!! LOL)...AND, Your comment on the confusion about "does my M2 zero alcohol tolerance apply to my 40 year old G license" was much appreciated as A) I agree with you 100% and espoused the same advice to a 62 year old buddy of mine who just took the 3-wheeler course at Niagara College and was told by one of his instructors that he could now NOT DRINK, even when traveling in his CAR.
I, like you, called BS.

B) Your quoted HTA clause(s) bring pretty clear "evidence to bear" on the conversation.

Thanks,
Michael

All I know was when I was a senior instructor and examiner for the Gearing Up program we were told to instruct students that passed and were upgrading to their M2 that the alcohol restriction applied in all motor vehicles they operated until they obtained their full M.

Back
Top Bottom