Lots of crazy | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lots of crazy

My wife wanted to go to iom 8 yrs ago, but i turned the idea down. I've heard the song of the sausage creature a few times. No more thanks.

I'm always amazed at the skills of those guys doing the Isle of Man races...I once did 212 kph on my FZ6R in a straightaway for like 10 seconds and it scared the bejeezus out of me...LOL

I did north of 200 on my first street bike in the 90's and I think I saw the face of god LOL

I did north of 200 on my first street bike in the 90's and I think I saw the face of god LOL
I don't actually know my top speed. I took my Busa for a run with the bulls, at 230 I switched to 6th, after that I couldn't look at my gauges. I ran out of courage somewhere at around 250.

Hubby had an FZ1 (1st generation) and we did 254 two up coming back from Port Elgin...another time, he and his buddy (who had a 2nd generation FZ1) did 278 coming back from Orangeville...I was tapping out like crazy on our Port Elgin run to say the least 😵‍💫

we've definitely slowed down since :geek:

I don't actually know my top speed. I took my Busa for a run with the bulls, at 230 I switched to 6th, after that I couldn't look at my gauges. I ran out of courage somewhere at around 250.

My first street bike was a 1983 900CC 4 cylinder Yammy. Back then, and on that old tank, doing north of 200 was truly a "face of God" thing LOL.

Nowadays, it's called third gear. Second maybe on some bikes.

You'd have gotten more enjoyment shifting outta 4th at about 260.

Hubby had an FZ1 (1st generation) and we did 254 two up coming back from Port Elgin...another time, he and his buddy (who had a 2nd generation FZ1) did 278 coming back from Orangeville...I was tapping out like crazy on our Port Elgin run to say the least 😵‍💫

we've definitely slowed down since :geek:
Is this a contest?
One night coming back from PD13 I stopped in Brantford on the way home. I hopped on the 402 headed west, wound the old ninja up past 200 and kept it there until I got to the 401. Ahh the good times pre HTA 172.

... just in case you don't know; that video isn't IOM, that's the Skerries (if there was EVER a better name for an Irish road race....)... the best corner one in motorcycle racing

Back
Top Bottom