Lost license plate at least a few weeks ago | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lost license plate at least a few weeks ago

Relax

Hmmm. I just noticed the license plate on one of my bikes is gone! The plastic mount broke off and took the plate with it. According to MTO/Service Ontario, a police report is only required if it's stolen. Last time I rode this bike was probably 3 weeks ago, but since I only noticed it now, am I liable in case someone found it and used it for the 407, or some crime?

407 probably yes, they have no mercy. Crime will just be an annoying conversation with the police, not a charge.

Just mho, but I would report it to MTO/ service Ontario. Don't want someone slapping it on an unplayed bike and then doing stupid **** and you getting blamed. Again, just my $0.02

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It happened to me last summer, somehow screws came loose, didn’t realize it until a couple of days later. All I had to do is go to the ministry and report it lost, and got a new plate... once you report it, it will be on file in their system so anyone finds it or uses it you’re off the hook.

Just mho, but I would report it to MTO/ service Ontario. Don't want someone slapping it on an unplayed bike and then doing stupid **** and you getting blamed. Again, just my $0.02

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, Of course I’m going to Service Ontario tomorrow, I’m just concerned about not noticing it for the past few weeks and who might have used it during that time.

It happened to me last summer, somehow screws came loose, didn’t realize it until a couple of days later. All I had to do is go to the ministry and report it lost, and got a new plate... once you report it, it will be on file in their system so anyone finds it or uses it you’re off the hook.
But this doesn’t help me for anything that could have happened in the past three weeks.

But this doesn’t help me for anything that could have happened in the past three weeks.

It might, when I went there they asked me how long was since in noticed it was gone, can’t remember now for sure but I think they put a note in the computer... but not 100% sure, was a year ago

Back
Top Bottom