Looking to start a practice group | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to start a practice group

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Hello all,Been lurking around these forums and decided to post on a topic I am interested in.As a new rider I find myself being drawn to the open road, I love this experience but feel I may be lacking in my slow speed riding. In order to stay focused and disciplined I thought of starting a group with other riders new/experienced that feel the way.Slow speed turnsFriction zoneU turnsEmergency stops / avoidanceThese are the types of maneuvers I would like to practice. My thought is find a few fellow riders a safe and convenient spot to practice then spend some time riding and learning?Does this interest anyone? If so let me know!Thanks for reading

Im from G-town too and I practice my slow riding all the time. would be nice to learn in a group. PM me.

i'm in milton and a newbie as well (m2 may 16)...i ride a kawi vulcan 500...would be interested...

Went out last night looking for good spots to practice, found a few. Practiced left/right turns from a stop at slow speeds. Emergency braking and starting on a hill. A good time followed by about a one hour ride. Once a "full time" location is found I'll start to post the times we are there if people want to join us.

Excellent plan you have but it might be a little like the blind leading the blind. Perhaps you should try and enlist a "trainer" i.e. someone that knows how to do things. Lacking that, I would suggest you pick up a copy of David L. Houghs "Proficient Motorcycling" (2 book series but book one is all you need available from the major book stores) for guidance on how to execute & practice these manouvers.

I would also caution you to make sure the owners of the property you are using have authorized you to be there and use it. It can become an issue of tresspass and there could be insurance liabilities if someone gets hurt. You will likely find that places like shopping malls, school yards, strip malls and the like will not allow it for these reasons. Even public parking lots are usually off limits. You may get away with it but you also might get charged. Just be aware.

Good luck with it.

Cheers,
Spyug

Too funny! to assume that someone with a few seasons or even many seasons knows what he/she is doing. Experience vs.Skill is relative and do not neccessarily reflect in a linear fashion. It depends on the source of information given, processed, and finally executed. Why is it not possible for any newbie to teach an "experienced" rider something?

I think they were just reminding that practice does not make perfect - perfect practice makes perfect.

Well before this gets to far off topic. I am not offering to teach or learn anything from other riders. Just want a social gathering for those who want to improve skills they already know. Good point about location.

Back
Top Bottom