Looking for insurance quotes for 3 motorcycles. Not getting any reply! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for insurance quotes for 3 motorcycles. Not getting any reply!

Ghynes1

I have been riding for over 40 years with a clean record. Just got a new bike. I wanted to drop the comprehensive off of one of the bikes and just keep fire and theft on. My current insurer is refusing to do this. I've asked two other brokers listed on GTAMOTORCYCLE.COM that help bikers but no one has responded to my queries. Anyone out there know of a responsive broker who can help an experienced biker get his bikes insured without paying full insurance for one bike that doesn't see the road? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Fire and theft is really hard to get on a bike. Is it supremely valuable? Can you keep it secure (reasonably safe from theft) and hope you don't lose the fire lottery?

I also found this out recently. Cars are easy to get fire/theft coverage but it’s far more difficult to get on a motorcycle.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Really why is it difficult on a bike?

Not sure how you are contacting these companies, hopefully by phone.
If anything call Riders Plus, even if you end up going with another company, they are always the most helpful and answer questions more thoroughly then others.

Good luck!

If anything call Riders Plus, even if you end up going with another company, they are always the most helpful and answer questions more thoroughly then others.

Good luck!
The argument in the past was they assume someone is riding it without liability insurance to save money. If you ever get in a crash, rider runs away and claims theft.

Are you trying to contact insurance companies listed in the insurance forum here?

Just for the record, some of the content in there is very, very outdated. It's possible some of the people you're trying to contact aren't even in the business anymore. Did you check the dates on things?

I called and spoke to a Gina Rodriguez who was very helpful with motorcycle insurance. However, I’m not sure about the ins and outs of multi bike options, restrictions.

When I called, they didn’t provide a quote for only fire and theft. They did full coverage or liability only. The difference was $80 so, I opted for full coverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Try Desjardins direct. I switched from TD this spring, I $65/mo for full coverage on a late model VSTROM, $72 for a late model FJR, $28 for a 125 street legal enduro, $26 for a new ATV.

Just fire and theft is really hard to get in Ontario, with the usual BS trotted out by the local cabal as to why we are unique and should be grateful that they even bother to insure motorcycles at all. I suspect the real reason is they don't want to make it cheap to maintain insurance. I looked for my track bike, and got stonewalled.

One of the brokers here did say he could do it by insuring the bike with comprehensive, then pulling liability afterwards. Not sure if that means the bike must be safetied, but it does sound like a pain.

I called and spoke to a Gina Rodriguez who was very helpful with motorcycle insurance. However, I’m not sure about the ins and outs of multi bike options, restrictions.

When I called, they didn’t provide a quote for only fire and theft. They did full coverage or liability only. The difference was $80 so, I opted for full coverage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, Nakkers. Which company was Gina Rodriguez with?

Are you trying to contact insurance companies listed in the insurance forum here?

Just for the record, some of the content in there is very, very outdated. It's possible some of the people you're trying to contact aren't even in the business anymore. Did you check the date
Fire and theft is really hard to get on a bike. Is it supremely valuable? Can you keep it secure (reasonably safe from theft) and hope you don't lose the fire lottery?
Have considered this but really would like to have some kind of insurance on it. If i can't find anything reasonable then I may have to.

Thanks, Nakkers. Which company was Gina Rodriguez with?

NFT/Dalton Timmis is the brokerage based out of Hamilton I believe?

They are a broker. It just happened the best quote was with Economical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the brokers here did say he could do it by insuring the bike with comprehensive, then pulling liability afterwards. Not sure if that means the bike must be safetied, but it does sound like a pain.
Pretty rare for an insurer to want to see a safety prior to agreeing to insurer a vehicle. If you’re not going to plate it and there’s no reason to suspect some issue then it should be a non factor.

Good luck!

I can’t say why but I swapped my plates over to the new bike and couldn’t get fire/theft on the older one which I was hoping to have until it sold. Moot point now as it’s sold and no longer an issue but it was definitely hard to get. I spoke to my broker directly and otherwise they have been great. Provider would not do it and broker did mention in advance it could be difficult.

I can’t speak on Riders Plus on this topic as I don’t have personal experience

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

The argument in the past was they assume someone is riding it without liability insurance to save money. If you ever get in a crash, rider runs away and claims theft.
I can do this with my car too, so why can you get with a car and not a bike?

OP if you own 3 bikes just cancel the 3rd one, the other 2 will keep your insurance connection uninterrupted, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

Back
Top Bottom