License plate installation for ZX-10 with fender eliminator | GTAMotorcycle.com

License plate installation for ZX-10 with fender eliminator

koorosh

The bike has a fender eliminator as seen in the pictures but the holes for license plate are in a perpendicular direction to what they should be.

Previous owner had used zip ties and bent the plate. Is that my only option too :(

Is there an L bracket I can get to attach it to this piece so I can mount plate on that with bolts instead of zip tie.

Thank you

Attachments

• 20190330_075533.jpg
    20190330_075533.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 55
That's no custom bracket that's just a chunk of the original tail tacked in there, just use a pair of pliers and bend the crap out of the bracket until it works, it has to end up being illuminated.

Just the original plate carrier bolted to the underside. Just go to the hardware store and buy a couple of galvanized L brackets and bolts. Done. ...except for the illumination part.

Bike does not seem to have license plate illumination. Is this what all bikes have? i do not seem to remember if my older Busa had it.

That's the little bracket they put on any bike they can't already make our plate fit,
usually add a couple of red dot side reflectors that are suppose to be on there too. Yes your rear plate needs illumination :/ just move it back where the tail light can illuminate it, job done. Better there anyway, plates aren't much use other then to deflect some road spray off your back.

oh, and keep you all nice and legal ;)

Get this for $20 at Kapsco. Also lets you remount rear signals. To make it 'legal', you'll also need to illuminate your plate, you can buy LED bolts for your licence pklate.

Get this for $20 at Kapsco. Also lets you remount rear signals. To make it 'legal', you'll also need to illuminate your plate, you can buy LED bolts for your licence pklate.
The last 2 bikes I have had don't have lights for my plate and have all passed safety. Do they just over look the plate lights and not care?

They "shouldn't" have passed a safety standard inspection with no license plate lamp.

If the mechanic doing the inspection had asked you if you wanted them to fail the bike's inspection on account of this, what would you have answered? Would you have liked it if the mechanic had made you put all the stock parts back on? ("But I don't have them. I'd have to buy all new parts at the dealer." "Doesn't matter, that's the way it's gotta be!") They could have ...

Things can get overlooked ... sometimes accidentally, sometimes accidentally on purpose ...

They "shouldn't" have passed a safety standard inspection with no license plate lamp. ...
Yep, no Elmer the safety elephant sticker for him and the mechanic is at risk of getting a spanking if it was caught very soon after the cert was issued.

They "shouldn't" have passed a safety standard inspection with no license plate lamp.

If the mechanic doing the inspection had asked you if you wanted them to fail the bike's inspection on account of this, what would you have answered? Would you have liked it if the mechanic had made you put all the stock parts back on? ("But I don't have them. I'd have to buy all new parts at the dealer." "Doesn't matter, that's the way it's gotta be!") They could have ...

Things can get overlooked ... sometimes accidentally, sometimes accidentally on purpose ...
Yep, no Elmer the safety elephant sticker for him and the mechanic is at risk of getting a spanking if it was caught very soon after the cert was issued.
Not too worried about it. In theory not having licence plate bulbs doesn't affect your safety. I don't think cagers or other bikers on the road would be overly concerned "Oh shoot! I cant see what his licence plate reads! :eek:" lol. If it were brake lights, headlights, or turning signals, then ya, I'd be concerned about my safety. If a bike ever does fail a safety because of plate lights its only a $20 job....I guess it just gets overlooked easily.

If you don't ride at night it won't even go noticed, but by law it's suppose to be on there. I think it's an 85$ fine.

Back
Top Bottom