Let me introduce you to Bryan Gast... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Let me introduce you to Bryan Gast...

Sebi

Don't call me Shirley
Site Supporter
Bryan Gast is the National Director, Investigative Services, for the Insurance Bureau of Canada. He's an individual who has a large role in shaping the insurance industry in the country. He's also an individual that believes that owners who own a stock car, but put "performance stickers" on it, should let the insurance company know so that they can increase the premium accordingly. Am I wrong here or is that absolutely insane?! This seems to set a dangerous precedent; what does and what does not qualify to raise your insurance premium? Could an insurance company try to deny your claim because of a "performance sticker" you did not disclose? Will this insanity end?!

Check out this video; specifically 1:20 (No, you don't need to log into fb to see it)

I'm not peeling the KSR sticker off my bike, nor am I informing my broker of its presence

Soon they will target stuff like Jack Daniels labels or pot leaf stickers.

I have a Corvette museum sticker on mine, does that count?

There's a whole string of crazy videos. Another one implies that if you remove a resonator from your car it can effect emissions and you should notify your insurance company. Big no to both of those, that is an outright false statement. Again, they have enough valid points to use, why resort to lies to try to promote the cause?

Truck balls should be subject to a mandatory 20% stupidity surcharge.
You could knock out a pedestrian with them after running over a crowd. Obviously an increase in material risk.

Unofficially, I suspect truck nuts increase your heat score so those drivers probably are surcharged but they don't realize it. 19 over in a mini-van no problem, 19 over with truck nuts, ticket.

Back
Top Bottom