LED Headlights H7 8000K | GTAMotorcycle.com

LED Headlights H7 8000K

I had a quick look at your link; these lamps are of remarkably poor quality. So many things wrong with them.

1000 lumen output for 35 Watts is very poor performance. Doesn't even match a bargain brand halogen H7.
8000K colour is practically useless. Much of the light is outside our visible spectrum, further lowering the useful lumens.
The CRI (Colour rendering Index) is not given, but with 8000K colour is probably very poor. Road signs, particularly blue, will tend to wash out.
The poor CRI and 8000K colour will mean that very little will be seen under reflective conditions; wet roads. It would be like riding in the dark with the added risk of blinding oncoming traffic.
The beam pattern shown is horrible. The beam pattern projected from your headlight will be just as bad.

Given that the light kernel is in the wrong location, the wrong orientation, the wrong size and the wrong colour, it would be a stretch to expect these lamps to be of any benefit over conventional Halogen H7s.

You would be far better off with quality Halogen lamps. There are "performance" H7s available with a tighter light kernel that may improve visibility, however, the tighter kernel means a tighter winding, means a hotter wire, means a shorter life.

Useful lamps will have a colour temperature in the 3700-4100K range with a CRI of greater than 80.

Yeah, don't waste your time with that bulb, you'll be pulling it out and switching to something else the first time you ride with it at night. Which will likely be sometime in early November ordering from Alibaba, direct out of China.

One thing I've learned over the years is that when it comes to LED and HID's, you get what you pay for.

Yeah, don't waste your time with that bulb, you'll be pulling it out and switching to something else the first time you ride with it at night. Which will likely be sometime in early November ordering from Alibaba, direct out of China.

One thing I've learned over the years is that when it comes to LED and HID's, you get what you pay for.
And really good stuff is very expensive. I just put a pair of Denali D4's on my Ducati.$865.

Yup. Too cheap to be good. In order to have a *hope* of reasonable functionality, the light source has to be very small and in the same location as the filament of the standardized halogen bulb. Those will just scatter light everywhere and send practically none of it down the road where you actually need it. Don't believe the exorbitant claims about how much light output they have.

About 90% of the LED drop-in-replacement bulbs on the market are rubbish (including these) and will scatter light everywhere except where you need it. About 90% of what's left are what I would call "acceptable" ... not terrible, but also not better than stock halogen bulbs. Maybe 1% are actually "good", and you can be certain that they will not be "cheap".

Headlight Revolution LED Off Road Light Bars, Aftermarket Headlights, LED and HID Conversion Kits and Bulbs - Watch some of the review videos.

If you want to go a cheaper route, but still get a quality product I'd go with the DDM 35W HID kit. Should take no more than 10 minutes to put in as its all plug and play. Been using DDM for over 12 years with zero issues in cars/bikes.

I found "reasonably priced" HID's (~$100 minimum) to be far better than cheap LED's as well. I have a set of $100 HID's in my Volt (which does have projector style headlights with cut off shutters) and the result was spectacular.

HID's seem to easier to retrofit vs LED's based on my experience, but it really depends on the reflector housing and headlight setup if you end up with something safe and effective, or something that just blinds oncoming traffic and flickers annoyingly in the mirrors of anyone you're following.

In the end YMMV, but yeah, that LED you pictured is chinese garbage, which is exactly where you'll toss it in short order.

Back
Top Bottom