Last ride of the season | GTAMotorcycle.com

Last ride of the season

QVBD

Any suggestions for a ~4 hour round trip starting from downtown Toronto? I'm new, so I try to avoid highways. I know that's not a lot of time and avoiding the 400s make it even longer, but wondering what your go-to rides are. Was thinking Forks of the Credit but the videos I've seen look rather pedestrian. I'm not looking to blast through twisties -just a scenic route at a decent pace.

Note: I've done Port Credit, HWY 7, the Bluffs and Rosedale Valley Rd.

Your best bet is probably wandering around FOTC/terra cotta. There are also some nice places near dundas (hamilton), but the corners have some camber issues and normally gravel so it's not the best place to gain confidence and seat time.

Go around lake simcoe, follow the shoreline as best as you can.

Reactions: J_F
Ompah?

You could come east. Take the 401 to Newcastle, head south to Lakeshore Rd., follow it to Port Hope and either continue east on Hwy. 2 (or go to Grafton then south to the road that hugs the shore east to Brighton.) or head north on hwy 28 past Bewdly, through Balliboro towards Peterborough or north on County Rd. 10 through Millbrook.

All are nice rides on (mostly) smooth secondary roads, and as a bonus there's good coffee and butter tarts along the way. You know...if you've got a sweet tooth.

Reactions: J_F
I 2nd doing lake simcoe. If you want to make a day out of it i'd do: forks of the credit > hockley rd. > follow the east shore of lake simcoe up to severn > highway 13 / southwood rd. > 38 to 400 south briefly > big chute rd. > south to Orillia > ridge rd. into Barrie > 400 south or 27 back to the city.

google maps i did this route a couple of times this year. ~6ish hours of riding. cut the west loop out of the trip out and its well under 5.

IMO some of the best driving roads within a few hours of the city. should be perfect this time of year. much less traffic than heading east or west. minimal highway use and if you do want to practice those sections of the 400 aren't too crazy.

Forks of the Credit was beautiful and fun to ride. Nice to see other bikers and bicyclists out there as well!

Attachments

• 20191021_082203.jpg
    20191021_082203.jpg
    370.8 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: AGS

Back
Top Bottom