Just moved to Dundas/Hamilton. Suggestions on mechanics/shops? Need to have a safety | GTAMotorcycle.com

Just moved to Dundas/Hamilton. Suggestions on mechanics/shops? Need to have a safety

Hi,

I just moved to Dundas next to Hamilton from Montreal. I have a Kawasaki ZX-9R sportbike. Anyone have any suggestions on mechanics/shops in the area for basic work, tires..? Don't mind doing some distance for a good mechanic. I'll also be needing to find a place for a safety inspection, I can get a list from Service Ontario but if anyone has suggestions.. My last experience with a Kawasaki dealer in Montreal was a nightmare, the bike would come out worst than it came in. Lost over a month of riding. So any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Happy riding!
Ian :)

I only know of sturgess cycle on king and dundurn and Kellys cycle centre on upper Wellington. There's another guy in downtown Hamilton that has been recommended to me and mentioned on the boards but for the life of me I can't remember his name. Hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in all I remember is he's down on Barton St just off the redhillBtw welcome to the armpit of the golden horseshoe you will get used to the thick air and humidity

...There's another guy in downtown Hamilton that has been recommended to me and mentioned on the boards but for the life of me I can't remember his name. Hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in all I remember is he's down on Barton St...

Not that I have a better memory; just happen to have his business card available :) That's Bryan at Ultimate Cycle. I've taken my bikes to him, for safeties. But I have a friend who will only trust his bikes to Bryan.

Last edited:
I've been dealing with Sturgess for about 5-6 years, ever since McBrides went under. All in all, a good experience, and I trust them.

Thanks to all for your advice. Good to know that there's two good places close to here. Thanks for the welcome, it's my 5th move to ON and second to the area, didn't have the bike before though. Lots of great riding on the way and places to explore. Happy riding!

I only know of sturgess cycle on king and dundurn and Kellys cycle centre on upper Wellington. There's another guy in downtown Hamilton that has been recommended to me and mentioned on the boards but for the life of me I can't remember his name. Hopefully someone with a better memory will chime in all I remember is he's down on Barton St just off the redhillBtw welcome to the armpit of the golden horseshoe you will get used to the thick air and humidity

Ultimate Cycle.

Back
Top Bottom