Is this from ethano? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this from ethano?

Mercaholic

I took two of my older Suzuki in-line fours out of storage and noticed that one carb on each bike was overflowing with gas. Obviously one float was stuck. Anyway, after sitting for a couple of hours, it stopped leaking so I assume the float got hung up until the fuel emersed it long enough to free it from sticking.

I normally drain all four carbs on the bike before summer to avoid this exact problem in the spring.

Could ethanol be the culprit causing the floats to stick?

Floats have been sticking on bikes left sitting for extended periods, since long before they started putting ethanol in gasoline ...

Its just crap stuck in the needle or the float hinge was gunked up. Bang on the bowls with the rubber end of a screw driver or a rubber mallet, should free it up. If not, drop the bowl, check out whats going on. Had the same problem when i pulled my bike out of storage, was a piece of the horrible kreem liner (NEVER use kreem, lesson learned) stuck on the needle tip. 5 minute fix, and it only took that long because i had to find a screw driver that would fit :)

Back
Top Bottom