Is my helmet insured ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is my helmet insured ?

justride

had my helmet on the bike when it was hit in the parking lot. the helmet goes down along with the bike. now, is my helmet covered? The adjuster who took the pictures of my bike said no and the damaged helmet falls under house insurance. I just want to double-check and make sure. Is there any insurance" terminology" I can use to recoup the cost of my helmet? thanks

Do you have house or tenant insurance? Will that policy cover it?

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Any gear or related equipment that was part of the accident should be part of the claim. Your helmet was hanging on the bike, not in your garage.

Push the matter with a supervisor, and barring that, tell them you'll bring your complaint to the IBC. That should cause them to have a sudden change of heart.

If somebody hits me and my helmet gets messed up ! They will be buying me the new one I buy the next day.
Otherwise yes, helmet gets stolen out of your house that's house policy.

Bike parked with helmet hanging on the side wow what difference does it make if you claim that part on your house,
are they trying to ding you twice for deductible? <- well the rotten sods need a swift kick in the :censored:.

+ they get stolen that way all the time, don't hang it on the bike unless it is a crappy looking helmet.

"Is there any insurance" terminology" I can use to recoup the cost of my helmet?" Yes, 'unacceptable'.

If you are wearing gear at the time of a collision it can be included in the claim.

If you are not wearing gear at the time it's damaged, like the tip over mentioned above, damaged gear is not included in an accident claim.

Remember to inform your ins co of the value of farkles and accessories -- if you don't they may not be covered either.

I would think it would fall under the same umbrella as a child seat in a car.

If you have a car accident (even the smallest fender bender) and there is a child car seat the in the car it automatically is a "void" or "unsafe" child seat and the insurance will reimburse you for buying a new one. All you need to do it provide them with proof of purchase of the new one.

I have even heard of them covering the cost of any damaged "Junk in the trunk"

I would think it would fall under the same umbrella as a child seat in a car.

If you have a car accident (even the smallest fender bender) and there is a child car seat the in the car it automatically is a "void" or "unsafe" child seat and the insurance will reimburse you for buying a new one. All you need to do it provide them with proof of purchase of the new one.

I have even heard of them covering the cost of any damaged "Junk in the trunk"
Except this probably isn't a crash, I would think it's a comp claim as it was parked. If your car gets spray painted, you don't get a new car seat.

Back
Top Bottom