Is it worth it? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it worth it?

TenzoR

Hey all,

My friend is selling me his bike for $5500. I was wondering if it is a good deal. It is a 2007 GSXR. White In decent condition, Power Commander , HID and Yoshi Exhaust. The only part that is bad is the high mileage which is 25000km.

I was wondering if it is worth buying.

Thanks for the help

=]

That's not high mileage when you break it down, 5 seasons, that's 5K km/season. About the average you'll find for most casual riders. So long as the bikes been looked after (oil changes, lubing of parts, etc) then you're laughing.

I'd pull the trigger on it.

Not high mileage at all. My bike has over 30,000 and I wouldn't sell mine for anything near that price!

Definately worth considering. Decent bodywork?

If its your first bike (and it seems like it is), just be careful. GSXR600, 750, 1000 are all pretty insane bikes. More so if its properly tuned for that pipe.

go for it, my 2008 zx6r had 44000km before I got hit by a minivan, it was running like new
no... it is actually my second.. my first bike was an 2001 cbr f4i

Definately worth considering. Decent bodywork?

If its your first bike (and it seems like it is), just be careful. GSXR600, 750, 1000 are all pretty insane bikes. More so if its properly tuned for that pipe.

06' 750... my first bike... nothing insane about it, responsibility is key.

So i just found out more details about the bike....

it has a stock exhaust... and the FI lights sometimes comes on...because of the baffle of the exhaust doesn't open sometimes???...but by restarting the bike... the light goes away??....

is it a cheap fix?

Last edited:
I wouldn't mess around with f1 lights.....

"start exhaust"? Do you mean "stock exhaust"? If so I'll assume it's the SET valve that's sticking. Might be a cheap fix depending on what is wrong with it. The most it's going to cost you is a decent slip-on that includes a mid-pipe (this would delete the SET valve entirely) or you can just lock the valve open which would be free. Either way if it's got the Power Commander on it you can adjust the fuel curve after messing with the SET valve. You might have to go into the computer to get rid of the FI light after messing with the SET/modding the bike.

5500 is a great price as long as the bike is in good condition. If you don't know much about buying a used bike and what to look for I'd recommend you take someone with you who does.

Fi light with a slip on is nothing to be concerned about. From what I learned all slip ons with the k7 600 will get the light from time to time.

If it really irritates you google K7 fi light and there will be DIY on which wire you will have to cut.

Btw I got my 2007 Gsxr 600 with 25000kms for $5000. I feel I got a great deal. If its your buddy I would trust him enough that he won't sell u a pos.

It too has the fi light with a Leo Vince so

damn, thats a steal dude! great deal! especially with all the sweet upgrades!

Fi light with a slip on is nothing to be concerned about. From what I learned all slip ons with the k7 600 will get the light from time to time.

If it really irritates you google K7 fi light and there will be DIY on which wire you will have to cut.

But it's a stock exhaust. Not a slip on.

I had the same exact problem on my 07. FI light kept coming on because of the malfunctioned exhaust set valve. All I did was cut the corresponding wire in the ECU because I knew that valve was not working and it was fully open anyway. Problem solved. You don't need the set valve anyway. It's just for emissions. Plus it makes the bike sound 10x better without it. Buy it.

Back
Top Bottom