Is it illegal to solomon(sp?) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it illegal to solomon(sp?)

油井緋色

Site Supporter
Got bored in traffic, started solomoning for fun, then I realized the car behind me stayed WWAAAAYYYY back. Probably thought I was going to fall lol

Is it illegal?

You mean slalom, as in weaving back and forth in your lane?

油井緋色;1663447 said:
Got bored in traffic, started solomoning for fun, then I realized the car behind me stayed WWAAAAYYYY back. Probably thought I was going to fall lol

Is it illegal?

Slalom?

Men+Slalom+FIS+Skiing+World+Cup+0AeBaUMRxQ9l.jpg

You mean slalom, as in weaving back and forth in your lane?

yes lol sorry I tried to google the correct spelling but I kept getting wrong things and it gave me nothing on suggestions =(

Unless he was talking about holding court and making judgments in the middle of the roadway, I'd guess he did mean "slalom." It isn't expressly illegal, but could net you an "operation without due care and attention" charge or an officer might interpret it as trying to make near passes at other vehicles, which would be a HTA 172 charge.

Unless he was talking about holding court and making judgments in the middle of the roadway, I'd guess he did mean "slalom." It isn't expressly illegal, but could net you an "operation without due care and attention" charge or an officer might interpret it as trying to make near passes at other vehicles, which would be a HTA 172 charge.

Argh, just when I found something fun to do during rush hour :mad:

I think the entire lane is yours, but if you weave into another lane,
you can be cited for failure to maintain your vehicle in one lane.

My son slalomed through the dashes in the middle of the road,
and was ticketed. Good ole dad got him off the charge, though.

Even within the law, you can attract attention from the cops,
so I do not recommend the practice. If you wish to discourage
tailgaters, try twitching the bars a few degrees. From the rear,
your bike appears to wobble erratically, and many tailgaters
will fall back a considerable distance.

Of course, you are on your own if you try any of these tactics. :)

When I did it long ago in a sportscar, a pickup with two motorcycles in the back ran me off the road and then chased me.

Did your results give you bible references ? lol

I believe I read on this board a while back, that someone was pulled over for doing this. The cop asked him "what are you doing?" to which, he responded "I'm practicing my emergency manuvering"; the cop let him go.

If a cop wanted to pull you over to check you for proof of insurance or other potential charges, this would be a good way for them to do it but, it would take a little creativity from them to nail you with anything if you stay in your lane.

Don't think it is but, as Rob mentioned, it could land you a stunting ticket which, even if you fight and win in court, you are still punished for on the spot with no recourse.

I wouldn't do it, why give a pig the chance to charge you with careless driving, not worth it, plus you will scare old ladies

Back
Top Bottom