Insurance non-renewed | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance non-renewed

Dump that bike get one that insurancewill not rape you on.

I was in the same position as the OP Last year, same experience and all too. Had a SV650, dropped it and got a CB500X with ABS... even with a category change and down some CCs, plus ABS. They increased the rate almost $400 above the SV, surprised me. They will rape you regardless under 6 years exp, living in the GTA.

I was in the same position as the OP Last year, same experience and all too. Had a SV650, dropped it and got a CB500X with ABS... even with a category change and down some CCs, plus ABS. They increased the rate almost $400 above the SV, surprised me. They will rape you regardless under 6 years exp, living in the GTA.
I found that a bike with abs costs more to insure than without abs. Maybe because of the costs associated with writing off the bike being higher for abs models.

I found that a bike with abs costs more to insure than without abs. Maybe because of the costs associated with writing off the bike being higher for abs models.
This is true of cars as well, I just bought a new car and was initially going for the model with adaptive cruise and blind spot monitoring but ended up without it. The difference wasn't huge, less than a hundred a year less on the policy but it's kind of humorous how the features that are supposed to keep us safer cause insurance to cost more.

This is true of cars as well, I just bought a new car and was initially going for the model with adaptive cruise and blind spot monitoring but ended up without it. The difference wasn't huge, less than a hundred a year less on the policy but it's kind of humorous how the features that are supposed to keep us safer cause insurance to cost more.
Car manufacturers aren't dumb. The vast majority stick the sensor package right at the front of the car so even a minor bump now includes a multi-thousand dollar sensor (which includes a huge profit margin for the manufacturer). As much as I think Subaru eye-sight was horrendously dangerous in its' implementation, at least the sensors were at the rear-view mirror. If you smashed them, it wouldn't matter as your whole car was already facked.

Car manufacturers aren't dumb. The vast majority stick the sensor package right at the front of the car so even a minor bump now includes a multi-thousand dollar sensor (which includes a huge profit margin for the manufacturer). As much as I think Subaru eye-sight was horrendously dangerous in its' implementation, at least the sensors were at the rear-view mirror. If you smashed them, it wouldn't matter as your whole car was already facked.
Windshields are big cost as well, can't remember what brand of vehicle it was but a client of mine was telling me how his windshield cracked and because of the sensors and heads up display it was close to 2k for a replacement. Last time I replaced a windshield it cost me 200.

Plus the increased maintenance costs (y) wise man, you saved yourself thousands over the life of the vehicle and all you ever need to do is just apply the brakes like you should.

OP, agree with the other suggestions...sell the R6, buy something you CAN get insured on, and ride it until you once again become eligible for the SS.

It is what it is.

ktm-rc390-2017.jpg

Back
Top Bottom