Insurance km | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance km

Ahmra

Hello everyone,

I wanna know if anyone ever got his/her insurance checking their mileage? I’m not really sure how many kms I will drive so idk what to tell the insurance. So does insurance usually know how much did someone drive ?

When you renew your plates, you report your usage. Insurance have access to that info.

Sounds like you're looking to see if you can understate your use to save on insurance cost. Go ahead and do this to save a few bucks. If you have an accident then the underwriter will investigate and if you have misrepresented your circumstances you'll be deemed to have committed insurance fraud and your policy will be cancelled and not paid out.

If above if not your motive, then just explain to agent / broker that you're new to riding, first bike, and you're really not sure how much you'll be riding this first season and ask for info on how they set up their usage bands for premium purposes. You may find there's a price for up to 6,000 km, 6001 - 10,000 km etc........ Ask if you can adjust the band mid season if your riding is much more or much less than you planned.

When you renew your plates, you report your usage. Insurance have access to that info.
I just renewed my bike plate online and when the question of mileage came up I was not required to input a number. The form automatically skipped that question with a notation that it was not required for a motorcycle. I really wanted to fill in that number because I'm rather proud of the 185713 km on my bike!

I usually tell them less than 5000 km a year, which these days is about right.

I pretty sure for bikes the milages is not tracked like auto's. Also when you take your car in for service they will report your milage as well, which insurance has access to.

They probably dont really care unless you have a crash/claim. If you bought it with 15k, have owned it for three years and told them you do 2000 km a year but the bike has 30k km on it. Expect to be questioned and possibly denied for material misrepresentation.

Back
Top Bottom