Insurance for multiple bikes | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance for multiple bikes

You would think the auto & motorcycle companies would get together lobby against the insurance companies. No?
Why do auto companies care? Most people have a car because they think they need one and insurance is an afterthought to their purchase. Motorcycle companies might see a small sales bump with more affordable insurance but I don't know if that would be enough to cover the cost of the required lobbying (especially in the face of insurance lobbyists fighting for their lives, competing lobbyists make lawyers look cheap). If a motorcycle company thought that insurance was a huge barrier to entry that needed fixing, they could make their own company. Would you buy a Honda RR with insurance of $1000 a year or a GSXR with insurance at $5000/yr?

looking to add a 2nd bike to my policy. asked my provider about the ability to swap coverage between the bikes for a given year to save money.

answer was "no." both bikes would have to be insured at the same time.
You gave them too much information. Tell them the bike you want ins. on thats it. When you want to ins. the other one, call and tell them you want ins. on this one. The ins. will ask if you sold the other one, say no I just want to ride this one now. Thats it. Its that easy.

Back
Top Bottom