Install 190 rear tire on a R6? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Install 190 rear tire on a R6?

The force doesn't change. Pressure does. A larger contact patch means less stress on the contact patch.
By force I meant G's which do change with velocity...and your larger patch comment is the same relation as my smaller patch....so....I agree with you :)

PSi of downforce on the contact patch, regardless of size, makes little difference. The only time there is great downward force is when the bike is standing straight up and down....and it's also then that you require the least traction anyways. At high lean angles, very little of the force the grip is combatting is sideways shear forces.

PSi of downforce on the contact patch, regardless of size, makes little difference. The only time there is great downward force is when the bike is standing straight up and down....and it's also then that you require the least traction anyways. At high lean angles, very little of the force the grip is combatting is sideways shear forces.

This is my last post as he was only wondering if the tire would fit...
By downforce, I was not referring to a vertical plane...I was generalizing the downforce of the line through the rider, seat, tire, ground. The everchanging center of gravity triangle as the bike changes pitch,rider drops to inside, carcass rolls toward sidewall...yada yada.
SO...OP, WHAT DID YOU DECIDE?

Reviving this just to say that I put a 190/50 on my r6 and from what ive experienced, it rides perfectly fine. I do exercise (dont know if that helps with steering?), however im not a big guy tho, 5'11, 180lbs. I guess its all preference eh.

Reviving this just to say that I put a 190/50 on my r6 and from what ive experienced, it rides perfectly fine. I do exercise (dont know if that helps with steering?), however im not a big guy tho, 5'11, 180lbs. I guess its all preference eh.
I used to ride a 200 slick on my zx6rr race bike.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom