Importing a Motor Vehicle To Canada (the be all end all) | Page 63 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Importing a Motor Vehicle To Canada (the be all end all)

Vehicles that are certified for sale in the US, are admissible here.

Be careful; that's not guaranteed to be true. There have been cases in the past where Canadian and US standards differed slightly in ways that a US-market model was not approved for import to Canada. But you got the next paragraph right ...

There are also manufacturer specific lists, for each type of vehicle. For Honda motorcycles, it just says ALL U.S. models. I also looked at GM, because they have one special car there, that I'd like to have, simply called the Chevy SS... It's allowed.

You have to consult those lists, to make sure you don't get trapped in a situation where a US-market vehicle is not approved for import to Canada.

Be careful; that's not guaranteed to be true. There have been cases in the past where Canadian and US standards differed slightly in ways that a US-market model was not approved for import to Canada. But you got the next paragraph right ...

You have to consult those lists, to make sure you don't get trapped in a situation where a US-market vehicle is not approved for import to Canada.
The basic jist that I got from transport canada, was that anything allowed in the US is allowed here, although some vehicles may require certain modifications. For the most part it was vehicle anti-theft. Evidently their emissions and safety standards meet or exceed ours. Basically, if I wake up to the right OLG notification in the morning, there's going to be a 458km/h Koenigsegg in Hamilton.

Back
Top Bottom