Impaired or not impaired ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Impaired or not impaired ?

"We have decades of research about the impact of cannabis on our brains."
Actually, no we don't. We have virtually none, and fewer studies on how cannabis use affects drivers.
Governments are writing cannabis laws blind. Governments have been notorious for NOT granting license to study cannabis, the US in particular, so up till the last couple of years there has been NO RESEARCH on cannabis. NONE.

In case you don't know, the active ingredients in cannabis have a half life of about 30 days, meaning if you ingest cannabis today, let's say it results in a blood concentration of X% today, in 30 days you will have half of X in blood concentration... enough for a blood test to say you're impaired...30 days after consuming the weed.
So an everyday regular user never gets below X%, so according to our laws would wake up impaired every day.

Actually, no we don't. We have virtually none, and fewer studies on how cannabis use affects drivers.

My daughter, while in university helped on a research project to determine if rats who consume cannabis become lazier than rats who don't...
I'm not even going to tell y'all the results, but some researcher got a pile of gov't money to do the study.

My daughter said the most difficult part of the study was rolling the teeny-tiny blunts for the rats...

My daughter, while in university helped on a research project to determine if rats who consume cannabis become lazier than rats who don't...
I'm not even going to tell y'all the results, but some researcher got a pile of gov't money to do the study.

My daughter said the most difficult part of the study was rolling the teeny-tiny blunts for the rats...
Gov't is happy to spend lots of money. They want to make sure what they spend it on can in no way effect their desired path. That was a great study to say that they are contributing to research while being able to produce results with no implications.

Governments are writing cannabis laws blind. Governments have been notorious for NOT granting license to study cannabis, the US in particular, so up till the last couple of years there has been NO RESEARCH on cannabis. NONE.

In case you don't know, the active ingredients in cannabis have a half life of about 30 days, meaning if you ingest cannabis today, let's say it results in a blood concentration of X% today, in 30 days you will have half of X in blood concentration... enough for a blood test to say you're impaired...30 days after consuming the weed.
So an everyday regular user never gets below X%, so according to our laws would wake up impaired every day.

I'm not into mind altering substances but until very recently the mind set of any research grant would have been based on finding out what's wrong with the product.

Good info on the half life. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom