ICBC | GTAMotorcycle.com

ICBC

'"The number of small dollar refunds is very low and it is more efficient for ICBC to issue a cheque as part of a proactive refund process than to have customers call us to request a low-dollar cheque, which would require ICBC to manually issue a one-off cheque at a later date," said a spokesperson from ICBC.'

'"The number of small dollar refunds is very low and it is more efficient for ICBC to issue a cheque as part of a proactive refund process than to have customers call us to request a low-dollar cheque, which would require ICBC to manually issue a one-off cheque at a later date," said a spokesperson from ICBC.'
Or just credit your account instead of mailing physical cheques? wtf. The number of people that no longer use ICBC and have a low dollar refund has to be astronomically small.

ICBC says 3.3 million policies in 2019, so you could ballpark this at 6,600 cheques/people/dollars. What percentage of 6,600 people would throw a fit about not getting a dollar, and how many man hours would it take to placate those people? I can buy that it's not worth it

Edit: I got 0.2% from the same article
Edit edit: I admit I don't know what the cost is of machine mailing a cheque, so it's more than $6600

Back
Top Bottom