I used to ride, sold the bike, my M2 expired, do I need to do everything from scratch again now? | GTAMotorcycle.com

I used to ride, sold the bike, my M2 expired, do I need to do everything from scratch again now?

poveren

I rode for about 3 years (did the safety course as well). Had to sell the bike before getting the full M so now my license has expired.
Looking to get back into it. Do I need to go through the safety course again to get better insurance rates

Someone mentioned that if you had a license before you don't need to wait for 60 days to get the M2 again. Should I redo the safety course at this point again as well? Just trying to come up with an efficient way to get this done, otherwise this riding season is pretty much scrapped at this rate.

I'm in my mid-30s , 20 years of driving experience, family man, never had a claim etc.

Correct, back to square 1.

Also correct, as you have previously passed the course the waiting period mandated to upgrade to m2 does not apply to you. Get the course completed, wait a few business days and they should process it.

Welcome back.

Yup. Back to the beginning.

I had my M2 about 10 years ago, expired, and had to start from scratch when i got back into it in 2019. Now back on M2 and planning to get the M this season or next

I rode for about 3 years (did the safety course as well). Had to sell the bike before getting the full M so now my license has expired.
Looking to get back into it. Do I need to go through the safety course again to get better insurance rates

Someone mentioned that if you had a license before you don't need to wait for 60 days to get the M2 again. Should I redo the safety course at this point again as well? Just trying to come up with an efficient way to get this done, otherwise this riding season is pretty much scrapped at this rate.

I'm in my mid-30s , 20 years of driving experience, family man, never had a claim etc.
if it expired in 2020-2021 you get license extension until who knows.

if it expired in 2020-2021 you get license extension until who knows.
Good point. IIRC the cutoff is around March 2020. There is an official date published. Not sure how insurance feels about the course long ago with no recent bike policy. Probably need to do the course again to get insurance down (and it's a good idea after a long time out of the saddle).

Back
Top Bottom