I have a dream...(insure as you drive) | GTAMotorcycle.com

I have a dream...(insure as you drive)

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
:unsure:
"Edelweiss General Insurance Company Limited | Regd. Office: Edelweiss House, Off CST Road, Kalina, Mumbai"

You do indeed have a dream... Lol.

'Sounds like a scheme to drastically reduce underwriters exposure.
Sure theyll toss consumers a discount, but... there's no way they're going to make that discount come close to what they're "saving".

You do indeed have a dream... Lol.

'Sounds like a scheme to drastically reduce underwriters exposure.
Sure theyll toss consumers a discount, but... there's no way they're going to make that discount come close to what they're "saving".
Keep the discount, let me swap insurance between vehicles at the swipe of an app.

That would be nice...
I mean really... You can only ride one bike at a time.

My dream would be "diminished value coverage"
Common in the US, but successfully lobbied against by the ins. industry here in Canada.

My dream would be "diminished value coverage"
Common in the US, but successfully lobbied against by the ins. industry here in Canada.
I don't think I want it. Any increase to insurance payouts just comes back as higher premiums (with an additional margin tacked on top).

Last edited:
Ah yes the charitable insurance companies thinking of us common folk and figuring out how to lower our premiums.

Does this one require the big brother "sorry you went 2km/h over the limit and braked hard that one time so your insurance premium is +15%" OBD2 ankle bracelet?

Sell me insurance to replace each of my machines, sell me insurance to cover my machine operator liability, I didn't start riding motorcycles so that I needed to buy extended health coverage. They already know my driving record, seems simple enough that it will not happen in my lifetime unless it is promoted by government. :(

I don't think I want it. Any increase to insurance payouts just comes back as higher premiums (with an additional margin tacked on top).

You might have a different opinion when your brand new F150 gets hit by a someone to the tune of $18000 in damage...
Sure... they fixed the thing, but... What's it worth now..?
I'll tell you... Zero.
'Couldn't even trade it in at a dealer.

You might have a different opinion when your brand new F150 gets hit by a someone to the tune of $18000 in damage...
I'll tell you... Zero.
It's got an aluminum box, whole trucks gotta be worth at least 300$ in scrap or you might as well drive it until it dies.

I'll tell you... Zero.
I get it, but statistically it is a guaranteed loser for the average insured vehicle. If they want to have it as an optional extra, that works for both of us (although I don't think you'll like the premium).

Back
Top Bottom