high pressure rad cap | GTAMotorcycle.com

high pressure rad cap

kellen

Site Supporter
Where can I get one for my 04 KX250F? I'm having cooling issues sometimes on the trails and am boiling the coolant. I'm going to flush and replace with some new fluid and would like to put a new high pressure cap on there.

Also, should I leave the angled white plastic covers over the rad? They are brittle and don't seem like they would do much to protect it anyway. Seems like it blocks a lot of air getting to the rad.

Where can I get one for my 04 KX250F? I'm having cooling issues sometimes on the trails and am boiling the coolant. I'm going to flush and replace with some new fluid and would like to put a new high pressure cap on there.

Also, should I leave the angled white plastic covers over the rad? They are brittle and don't seem like they would do much to protect it anyway. Seems like it blocks a lot of air getting to the rad.

What is the number on your current cap?

If you remove the covers, your rad fins will get killed by rocks and debris...

Any bike shop should have a 1.6- 1.8 or can get one for you,as far as the louvers go leave them in and order new ones they are only around $12 each.Might look into getting a overflow bottle also just in case you boil over you will recover all that coolant.Did you check to make sure you are not running lean?

Last edited:
Royal has higher pressure caps I'm pretty sure... Also have the louvers which are needed to direct the air and deflect debris.

Does the bike have a fan? Maybe a lower temp fan switch?

I looked in the garage and found some brand new louvers left over from my Kawasaki days,you can have them if you want.I looked at the Kawi parts fiche and it is the same part#

Back
Top Bottom