Help dealing with an insurance company / broker | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help dealing with an insurance company / broker

Motorcycle Mike

I have had a policy through portage la prairie insurance through haber blain brokerage for about 4 years now.

Last year June I paid for a year of insurance - June 2010 to June 2011. In July of 2010 I bought a different car, changed my address, and added my common law spouse to the policy, and made a couple changes like adding comprehensive coverage. Shortly after making the changes I got bills corresponding to each change, and I paid them. All is good.

Fast forward to today. I have less than a month before my policy is up for renewal, and I am planning to leave this company for a better rate - but they don't know that yet. Today I get the policy renewal with a section that says 'Previous Balance $369' and that $369 is added onto my total.

I emailed the brokerage and asked what this is about, and apparently it is due to adding my common law spouse to the policy and 'she doesn't know why it wasn't collected earlier'.

I contend that I have already paid my full premium. I looked through my records and I have 1 renewal notice from June 2010 and 3 policy change notices from July 2010 (one for address, one for car, one for spouse) but the change notices are not specific, i.e. they just say 'endorsement - additional premium'.

So what do I do here?
Do I get a new insurance company and tell this brokerage to shove it?
The last thing I need is the have a cancelled policy, but I am about to cancel my own as it expires June 24 anyway....

Any wise help would be appreciated.

Good thing I kept all of my old Revision Endorsement receipts... I just dug through them and found the endorsement which includes my wife's name as well as how much they billed me for at that time. I still need to go through the fight with the company though.

Back
Top Bottom