Great 3 day ride into Quebec | GTAMotorcycle.com

Great 3 day ride into Quebec

BMW Rider

We had a great ride last weekend.We left on Friday am and worked our way to Renfrew for our overnights.The route was up the 503 to Elephant Lake Road which has about 10kms of dirt to close to the bridge and then it was good to Maynouth where we proceeded to the Granite for lunch in Bancroft.Then we did 28 to 41 to Griffith to Centennial Lake rd which was great with some freshly paved sections and then to Calabogie to have a drink and buy beer at Red Hot Bistro and then to Renfrew.It was a most satisfying day !
Saturday dawned with great weather and 5 of us left for the Quebec side at Fort Colonge and headed to Maniwaki and Mont Laurier.The roads were great interesting and in reasonable shape with some really nice windy portions close to Mont Laurier.Had la great unch and once south of ML we started to find the really awesome roads.It was as good as riding in the Smokies and were quite challenging.The vistas we’re incredible and the road surface was great and was encouraging aggressive riding.We follows this route down to Wakefield and to Shawville and back to Renfrew.We encountered about 30 kms of dirt and a wayward Bull in the middle of the road which was somewhat interesting!Overall a absolutely fantastic day of riding!I will attach a map of our route.
Sunday was another good day for the ride back to Toronto by the 511 and # 7.1300 kms and no real dramas.I cannot wait to go back!

I did a similar route earlier this summer, highways 307 and 309 south of mont laurier were great. Was there any hassle with vaccine passports or anything covid related?

I did a similar route earlier this summer, highways 307 and 309 south of mont laurier were great. Was there any hassle with vaccine passports or anything covid related?
At lunch in Mont Laurier they required proof of vaccination which we all had on our phones.We also needed this on our Trans Tiaga ride in June.

Last edited:
Nice route and I have found that roads that look like and start out like highways in Quebec like 315 on the way up to Tremblant, suddenly change into dirt/ gravel and are still labelled as highways.
Yeah we have been caught a few times like that but we are all comfortable on dirt so it really does not change the ride for us.

Back
Top Bottom