Got my cruiser today.. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Got my cruiser today..

The plate.. I relocated it to its sort of original location. I bought a thin metal bar, a few holes here and there and screwed it in. Vertical plate mount was cool but I read somewhere that in here it has to be horizontally mounted with light and be visible from both sides from rear. Not much of better lucks with popos, I thought to eliminate the risk of being pulled over due to this. :)

I am going thru some maintenance mode and thinking of cleaning the carburetors. I saw clips and infos telling to take it out and clean but didn't find any saying to spray the cleaner directly into carburetors as in case of cars. Is it really necessary to take the carburetors out and clean? Can't I just remove the hose clips and spray in and run the engine at the same time to clean the deposits? I used to do it with my old car and saw many mechanics doing the same.

I wouldn't bother taking the carbs out if there aren't serious running issues. Just run some "Seafoam" through in your gas to clean out the fuel passages. You get Seafoam at Canadian Tire in the boating section. 1/2 can to a full tank of gas, drive through that tank, then run a regular tank through and see how you're doing. You can check your progress by examining the spark plugs the electrode should be a light tan if the mixture is right. Again I wouldn't remove the carbs unless there are real issues.

I thought for sure I'd posted congratulations on your new ride. Looks like I missed. That's a sick looking bike. The 1100 has plenty of torque, it's the same motor as my 1100 Virago with only external detail changes.

Thanks bro. I ran to CTire but the shelf was empty. Last week I filled the tank with Supreme to get some readings. Carbs are working fine but when choke is pulled, it stalls. It seems either the nozzle is blocked or too much gas flowing in or the cable issue. If I could eliminate the first twos then great. Otherwise, the motor is running perfectly with full power.

So it runs fine without the choke right? I find in this weather I only need choke to get started then I can turn it off almost right away, then rev with the throttle until it settles down.

Awesome looking bike. Were you out on lakeshore blvd near cawthra washing it a few days ago at the hand wash place there? Looks just like one i saw a guy washing there.

Last edited:
So it runs fine without the choke right? I find in this weather I only need choke to get started then I can turn it off almost right away, then rev with the throttle until it settles down.

I guess that's what I am experiencing. I have to turn the choke off within a minute and rev otherwise it would shut the engine off. If I kept the choke on for over a minute, it would stop. Pulling the choke over 50% stops the engine as well. Warm or cold, the bike doesn't like pulling its choke nerve. I am thinking to check the cable under the tank, it might have squeezed/kinked somewhere.

Awesome looking bike. Were you out on lakeshore blvd near cawthra washing it a few days ago at the hand wash place there? Looks just like one i saw a guy washing there.

Thanks bro. Nope, it wasn't me but was at Dixie/Queensway area a few days ago. I will upload some more pics without backrest and windshield which I removed for city rides.

I came across this site. http://www.baronscustom.com/catalog/display/532/
The video clip sucks but you may download that PDF guide. Over $250 for this kit is too much. I've already maxed out my budget by ordering new tires. :D

I personally never really got the oil relocation expenditure. Changed my own oil + filter for 7 years, twice a year. Yes, take the brake + exhaust off, but gives you a chance to clean in behind which you may want to do anyway.

Nice ride BTW. Loved mine while i had it.

Beautiful ride.
If the bike is running fine I would not recommend pulling and cleaning the carbs. They should be fine.
If the bike had been sitting or there was some indication that the carbs needed work, then go for it.
Otherwise, spend your time riding and enjoying. Unnecessary maintenance and mods are for the winter or rainy days.

Thats a bad looking machine!

Thanks.
For some unknown reason, the choke is now almost working fine and yes I will leave further maintenance to be done in winter.
Now I have a question about the mileage. It gives about 35-37mpg while the spec says 45mpg. Is it normal with the hypercharger installed? I put supreme gas.

35-37 isn't bad with the hypercharger. I don't believe your bike requires premium fuel I found mine got worse mileage with premium so I want back to 87 - 89 octane that the manual recommends. I'm getting 57 mpg imperial (47mpg US) pretty consistently now.

35-37 isn't bad with the hypercharger. I don't believe your bike requires premium fuel I found mine got worse mileage with premium so I want back to 87 - 89 octane that the manual recommends. I'm getting 57 mpg imperial (47mpg US) pretty consistently now.

After two separate fills, the average comes as 265km/14.5L (41.5mpg US), that is about 18km/L with 95% riding in the city. I will follow your suggestion with regular and see how it comes out.

I don't know about that supreme, but most the cruisers and I run on mine is 87 regular.
I only get about 200km a tank now on 14L. I run V&H exhausts, and Dynojet Stage 1/2.

Before I got 280ish. After the jet and exhaust, it lost alot.. Running stock OEM filter too.

That's what I will do, going with regular from now on. The carbs were actually sort of coughing at some rare occasions so I thought to go with supreme. It seems fine after 4 fills.

Back
Top Bottom