GoPro Hero mount vibration... | GTAMotorcycle.com

GoPro Hero mount vibration...

doozerdave

Site Supporter
Hi folks. Last season I started using a GoPro at the track and was having problems with the stick-on clip mount rattling like crazy on the bumpy Shannonville terrain. I'm using the water/crash-proof case clipped into the mount, but there seems to be a very small amount of play that allows it to rattle. This makes the video jerky but more annoying is the audio constantly being clipped from the rattling.

Have I missed something in the installation? What are other GoPro users doing to stabilize the mount?

Thanks for any input.

I can't recall what it looks like, but if there room for a flat washer? Find an inner tube from a bicycle (thin) or bike (thicker) car (thicker still) or heavy truck (really thick) and cut out what you need.

I was thinking about a thin shim of some sort, but that video certainly sums it up. I don't remember seeing that in the kit... it's my friends camera so I'll have to check what he has.

Thanks a lot, I'll look for that rubber insert and if we don't have one I'm sure GoPro will hook us up.

I was thinking about a thin shim of some sort, but that video certainly sums it up. I don't remember seeing that in the kit... it's my friends camera so I'll have to check what he has.

Thanks a lot, I'll look for that rubber insert and if we don't have one I'm sure GoPro will hook us up.
Most probably, now is a standard with the kits so I am sure they wont have a problem sending you one. I saw another site, where a guy didn't have the rubber so he put small strips of tape on the clip mount.

I'll link you once I find it late tonight

All you need to do is put a small piece of tissue or paper napkin where you clip the camera onto the mount. The rattle is from the micro gap that is present from the two mounts and the hard plastic causes the rattling. Tissue/napkin seals that gap but is also soft to absorb any movement. It works perfectly.

Compare my two videos. The first being at Shannonville and it rattles a lot, you can even hear it. It's almost unbearable to watch.
The second video is when I began putting tissue in there, and filmed at Mosport. When I go over bumps it doesn't t rattle , you don't hear rattle and the video is just more solid.

Shannonville: http://vimeo.com/11912713
Mosport: http://youtu.be/vRxOq0NMeY0

Hope this helps.

That certainly makes the difference. Maybe I'll try a piece of electrical tape or two and see if that fills the gap.

I put two pieces of duct tape (stacked) in the holder and then slid the camera in. Works great!

When I got my gopro last year it came with a while rubber insert for the mount that eliminates the vibration. You should contact gopro about getting one.

hgghh5_078.jpg

I use a piece of paper folded up and jam it inbetween the camera and the mount. Works great!

Found the rubber anti-vibe nubbly in the kit. I'm good to go!

Back
Top Bottom