getting helmets shipped online? | GTAMotorcycle.com

getting helmets shipped online?

awdsome

I really like the HJC CL-16 slayer helmet, they have it available on www.canadasmotorcycle.ca website

I checked out royal distributing in barrie and whiby, and also checked cycle world, but none of them have that style. they have the cl-16 Hellion.

So my questions is, has anyone had experience getting their helmet shipped?
I am worried which ever the courier is might drop it.

I have done it. Didn't have any issues. Box was packed inside another box, no damage on the box and helmet was perfect. There is always a risk it will get dropped, people make mistakes.

check out GP Bikes in Whitby...they might special order it for you I ordered my ICON Jacket through them which is not sold in Canada. The price was less than online price and I did not pay shipping as well.The only draw drawback you can't return the item because its a special order but you can't return helmets anyways so I would give it a try....

GP Bikes in Whitby can get any HJC lid you want. It may take a couple days for them to recieve it but the same risk applies as they get helmets shipped to them just like you would get you one shipped to you.

But, I wouldn't be concerned about order a helmet online and having it sent to you. I've never had a problem and generally find that there are far more real deals to be had ordering online compared to some of the shops that just never really have a genuine sale/closeout. The convenience is also a plus.

I bought the CL-16 slayer for track use from kneedraggers.com last year. I found their shipping a bit pricey, plus you get to deal with all the brokerage/taxes, etc. Maybe have a look and see if you can find it on ebay through USPS shipping, might make it a bit less. Either way its a great helmet for the price, but there's 2 things i really don't like about it

1.) very loud, lots of wind noise, especially at the track with some of the exhausts out there (edit: I don't like using earplugs, I'm just saying it'll be loud for regular road use)
2.) I find the visor step "clicking" very annoying. I have a Shark RSI helmet that allows for even, easy clicks when sitting in traffic. See how easy it is for you to move the visor up one or 2 clicks with your right hand as though you were sitting at a light.

on the plus side, its super comfy and no pressure on the ears like the Shark. Also tinted screens for it are inexpensive.

Last edited:
i guess you guys are right, the shipping incured from buying online will be similar to a store ordering one in.

thanks for the review of the helmet, i tried on the cl-16 hellion and found it very comfortable also.
in terms of the road/wind noise...i guess i will have to start riding to know if it will annoy me. but i didnt have any problems moving the visor up and down

I've bought a helmet from Sportbike Track Gear:

http://stores.sportbiketrackgear.com/StoreFront.bok

Great prices, great communication - very well packed when shipped. The helmet box was inside another box with foam.

They also let me return it and order a different size when the helmet that arrived was too small. I could return it as long as I just tried it on - and didn't wear it outside the house.

i also worry that if I buy a helmet online, it might get dropped in the shipping process so I choose to buy them from local stores. (the ones in the local stores are also subject to being dropped in the shipping process but they have already made it to one destination and no need to take that risk again). Kahuna Powersports had an awesome sale on helmets this past weekend. I dont know if they are still selling them at the discounted price but check with them.

I really like the HJC CL-16 slayer helmet, they have it available on www.canadasmotorcycle.ca website

I checked out royal distributing in barrie and whiby, and also checked cycle world, but none of them have that style. they have the cl-16 Hellion.

So my questions is, has anyone had experience getting their helmet shipped?
I am worried which ever the courier is might drop it.

You might want to be more concerned about the fit. Fit is a huge deal for helmets. Get the one that fits you right, not the one that looks coolest.

thanks for all the help.

i actually really like the feel and fit of the cl-16. and i ended up getting it online from canadasmotorcycle
they even managed to drop another $5 for me.

Back
Top Bottom