Gentlemen, start your Hogtunes ! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gentlemen, start your Hogtunes !

Sounds fun to me. I'd love to get my bike out on a track honestly so long as I'm running with others on similar sized bikes so that I'm not being flattened by people on SS's doing eleventy billion KPH.

Jeebus, how do cruisers hold up when flogged on a track? I would guess the brakes would go away quite quickly with all that weight.

Jeebus, how do cruisers hold up when flogged on a track? I would guess the brakes would go away quite quickly with all that weight.

I flogged the crap out of mine on tail of the dragon and back of the dragon. I could tell the front brake (only single disc at that on my old VTX) was getting warm even with liberal use of the rear brake as well, but never to the point of significant fade.

A dual disc cruiser with linked brakes (or proper use of both front and rear if not linked) would probably do fine - they tend to have pretty massive discs that dissipate heat fast. And we're not talking 300+kph speeds on the straightaways, either. ;)

Makes me want a Rode King.

not sure if this link will show up but this guy @nofeetnoproblem used to take his Road Glide out to COTA pretty frequently. As you can see by his handle he did it with no feet to boot.

Performance baggers are kind of the in thing right now. Longer shocks, fork cartridge kits or even full ohlins forks, massive Brembos etc.

If I keep my Road Glide this year I plan on doing some of those type upgrades. Personally I still wouldn’t be taking one on the track, there is proper bikes for that.

Correction factor for gross vehicle weight?
Bonus points for carrying a passenger? Stereo volume?

Correction factor for gross vehicle weight?
Bonus points for carrying a passenger? Stereo volume?

About 15 or so riding buddies and myself are doing another round of advance rider training again this season. The instructors have actually said that those who regularly ride with passengers should bring their passenger and do the course with them aboard since that's the way they ride usually anyways, so they may as well do the advanced training with them aboard to maximize the benefits.

Stereo volume = 0 though. Gotta be able to hear the instructors. ;)

Back
Top Bottom