Gaspe run | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gaspe run

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Looks like I can avoid New Brunswick and still do the Gaspe loop. 4,000 km - same as the Pickle Lake run but likely more interesting - less remote.

5369 Snowbird Ct to 5369 Snowbird Ct - just hoping for little rain ....that stretch up to Baie Como last time was miserable. 12 and raining and no heat on the ferry/

I'll blitz to the coast on with the wind and then wobble back. I'll know more tomorrow after I see how the kid gets on.

Screen Shot 2020-08-01 at Aug, 1    2020    12.27.16 AM.jpg

This is forming up okay from weather and distance.
Day one to Drummondville via slab cutting south on 30 to avoid Montreal 668 km
Okay stay on points. https://www.expediafortd.com/Drummondville-Hotels-Quality-Suites-Drummondville.h1066318.Hotel-Information?chkin=2020-08-07&chkout=2020-08-08&x_pwa=1&rfrr=HSR&pwa_ts=1596414050314&referrerUrl=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZXhwZWRpYWZvcnRkLmNvbS9Ib3RlbC1TZWFyY2g=&useRewards=true&rm1=a1&regionId=10499&destination=Drummondville,+Quebec,+Canada&destType=MARKET&sort=RECOMMENDED&top_dp=114&top_cur=CAD&semdtl=&selectedRoomType=328195&selectedRatePlan=1011137

Day two to Cap Chat area - lots sold out so work in progress. This looks okay Motel Beaurivage | Sainte-Anne-des-Monts l 1 888 763-2291

Rolling around past Perce which we stumbled on last time.
v2

there are a lot of places shown but nothing from my Expedia for TD deals and this is on the high side ★★★★ Hôtel Le Francis, New Richmond, Canada tho sure looks good. Tempted to wing it as want a short day.

Damn trawling some of my pics from the east coast run with the kid. Hope we can make some more memories.

929Zcv9sHKagS9uCjyFvLOxLHNcddYIudzqSl7RIViAEqKxX5yE-wgLpsdURrpdkFuXosB-Qx-oS3CZrpZmjcfYtJRi729fyQxpZ8p9bne2GTu2Mw0DVCBjoSxtUXkJMUMt_-c5wQjvPzpp253b0ltKwFW9YxYVcJJCn9HIHmuKchJlhU8EJHfg8izybljEvm1pkqTwWtWXQpbSv-xSzJksspRi6wBTLcz_P2xDAfnkjgkUcP3dmqnWCgWSNEo5Td74LDzcBxQFXtopHCpLmFlFqxAdNG1fwhYEhe7FyNrnYXlLbQU6DpQMucy5I8uAruVfy-4Ayp0v2Ts7MOnbDAYJ-pNKD5e_6pPfCStYzN5lbdf5cG2tdzYbHQRfswuEohwsJgnVgKipLsFfPNoC6F0yXP4XZXpTo4oRko17YUHYozGY2rLA0JmrnCmvBNbUiBcuOOCzmolh-9GGNsQW0QCjDhrmjAKHULK1HK0GCGpRBiX9P2EGLmolYuWU4qU6O_tMZ3hHYysgpl2hWazj8rNrrCqgGF1nRqa5nUO2E2l_FW3Q5WbO5VM15UWrGTPFB3jt9gOU3ANJB7bhAp8Q0IxyOIzXl7deObcph9NQ-ZOuuSQDrIA5XD620thq0ZFW73LojbRbVKi4_y6PYWKkUMhnW4VGJn1FJdDtkFNWcZWXDTB7-8Ky2BRgY9GLBxA=w2162-h1210-no

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
Hmmm. Following.

Hmmmmmmmmm.... ;)

Are you currently on this trip on planning it?
Either way I am watching.

Planning ..thinking I would leave Friday morning early and blitz east past Montreal via HWY 30 - then another 600 km east maybe to Amqui PQ - I can pay those both on points - then do a more leisurely loop of Gaspe - maybe stay at Perce - then take the ferry at Matane and along the North Shore. But hardly anything available at Perce and that $$. :unsure:

This should not impact my decision unless it veers or slows up. Isaias strengthens back into a hurricane and is forecast to hit the Carolinas then slam further up the East Coast

Last edited:
Gonna put this east coast run off for a few days and let the hurricane clear plus have some vehicle juggling for kids. There is always The James Bay road for a shorter jaunt. Well maybe not. Don't need to see a power plant that badly. 12 and rain.
Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at Aug, 4    2020    5.17.37 PM.jpg

This trip is totally stuck in my head now.

I have 2 weeks of vacation coming up and unfortunately 75% of it is spoken for, however. What's left amounts to 4 days. As much as I'm a fan of long riding days, 4 1000's back to back, meh.

Been thinking about the JBR as well but after the Pickle Lake ride and getting stopped at the first nations checkpoint (Guessing you experienced that as well), I'm guessing there's the same thing going on in Chisasibi. And if I can't get into Chisasibi when I get there, well, 90% of the goal of the trip is lost at that point.

Pretty sure the only reason we got through the checkpoint headed to Pickle Lake is because we told them we were going to....Pickle Lake. If we didn't have a destination in mind (IE, "we're just wandering and camping wherever we stop for the night") or said we were planning to visit a reserve, pretty sure we'd have been turned around.

Been 45 years since I did the Gaspe route. As I recall, quite dark and stormy at times. Windy, but spectacular scenery. Very remote. Locals always trying to sell little carved boats, crafts, peaches, etc. Might plan a trip there next year just to refresh my memory.

Back
Top Bottom