Gasoline Shelf Life | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gasoline Shelf Life

I pretty much agree on the three to six months. After that I found it hard to start the lawn mower or snow blower. Two stroke weed eaters were worse. For the little motors I didn't bother with stabilizer but the boat and bike got the regular dose for winter and no problems.

I've got an old outboard to get running. It has a full tank of gas from the late 60's or early 70's. It smells just like you'd expect.

For everything else, gas that is up to a year or two old and stabilized doesn't cause me issues. Normally I try to dump it into a vehicle as it approaches a year old but sometimes I have a bunch of two-stroke premixed and don't want that in a car for obvious reasons.

I am trying to avoid trouble with my car. Last 5 years doing less than 1,000 KM a year. I add SeaFoam every fill-up, which is only every 7-8 months. Ya, I'm a hermit.
I pretty much agree on the three to six months. After that I found it hard to start the lawn mower or snow blower. Two stroke weed eaters were worse. For the little motors I didn't bother with stabilizer but the boat and bike got the regular dose for winter and no problems.
Stihl has you covered, contains stabilizer.
2stroke1litre.jpg

Back
Top Bottom