Ganny trail ride | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ganny trail ride

canuckwr250

Site Supporter
Any GTA members going to the mid summer trail ride starting at Sanderaska park this sunday.

Yes, I will be attending. Given that it is going to rain tomorrow and hopefully end early Sunday morning, the conditions should be ideal!

I went to this, althought I didn't have any intentions to. A buddy of mine and I were at the Ganny on the saturday and noticed the trail markers throughout the forest. We followed them to Sandaraska park where we met a couple of great guys who told us about it. Long story short, the guys loaned us a tent, air matress etc and convinced us to stay, so we did. I think my buddy and I were almost the only ones NOT riding KTM's or something not from this decade. (84 XR350 and 97 XR600 lol) It was a blast though and the guys there were great and even fixed my flat tire for me that I discovered in the morning before the ride. Tim and crew, if you are on here and read this, Thanks again :). Who else is an OFTR member because everyone was saying there are alot more trails out there that might be closer to home then the ganny. Can anyone confirm/speak up on this? It would be great to have access to closer trails other then a 2 hour drive each way.

I attended as well and it turned out to be an amazing ride. I'm a member of OFTR and a few of the local clubs. Where do you live? Assuming you're west of ganny, there are clubs like the Simcoe County Off-Road Riders Association which have land use agreements with the county. This permits riding in designated county forests when you're an OFTR/SCORRA member and have proper licensing/insurance. Check it out - there is surely riding on a smaller scale close to you.

Last edited:
Hey yeah it was fun, so that is why I wanted to look into joining a club. I was looking on the website at a few of them, but most of the places are they hold racing events or something, which isn't really what I am looking for as my buddy and I only trail ride recreationally, hence the bikes we ride. I live near Guelph. I saw there was a Halton region one too, but again. most of the events are racing. Does becoming a OFTR member allow access to just trails, similar to the ganny? Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom