FZ6r - Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

FZ6r - Insurance

niagara_ridder

Been told by a Jevco broker that an FZ6r is rated in the same sport class as an R6 which is a 400% surplus charge. These bikes are not even comparable. Anyway had any dealing with jevco and a sport touring bike and if so recommend a broker for a quote?

Thanks
Allan

Wow thats pretty ridiculous if it is...You can try with State Farm they gave me a better rate than Jevco...State Farm classifies my SV as a sport tourer...

i noticed the fz6r on the surcharge list a couple weeks ago, dont understand how jevco surcharges a Fz6 with fairings. but does not surcharge a ZZR600 which is just a rebadged early 2k ZX6R.

Hey Guys,

I was a bit curious as well about this. I made a call to Jevco with a VIN# for a FZ6R and confirmed it is NOT on the sport list.

Just an FYI

me too, riding 600R, an older version of fz6r, sport touring become SUPER SPORT, statefarm should be the best choice if you qualify

I went through John Duffy, my insurance is with Jevco. I have an '09 FZ6R and it is NOT a supersport: I'm only paying $850/year [34 y/o with a clean record, M2 for 2 yrs.]

I'm with Jevco as well and they were the most reasonable. Got my M1 3 weeks ago and bought a new 2011 FZ6R from the dealer a few days later. I'm 33 and live downtown Toronto, my full coverage is $1200 per yr cuz I have no previous experience. I was also told that it would drop to $850 after I have a year of experience.

Back
Top Bottom