Fun Route to Tobermory | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fun Route to Tobermory

thedude

Hey All,

I'm going to be going camping with some friends up near Tobermory later this summer. Does anyone know of a good fun and/or scenic route, leaving from downtown toronto, going that way? I'm the only one riding up there, the rest of my friends are caging it out there, so I will either be riding solo or at the very least with a cager or two around me.

Also keep in mind that I'm still a noob, just started riding this year and only have about 1000mi under my belt so far, and this will most likely be my first 3hr+ ride, so any tips would be really appreciated.

I did mapquest the route, but want to know about any good alternatives.

Thanks in advance everyone!

I don';t think there is much of a fun route to getting there, except when u get to the Bruce, u can take the coastal roads

While I don't know a good route to take to Tobermory, I can help with a couple tips for longer rides.

Drink lots of water before, during and after the trip. It's easy to get dehydrated, especially in this hotter weather.

Get off the bike once in a while to stretch out a bit. If you have your cager friends near, pretend you have to gas up fairly often if they question why you are stopping so much. I found stopping about once an hour or so, even if it's only a few minutes, for the first few longer trips really helped prevent stiffness afterward.

Fatigue kills! Listen to your body, if it say's I'm soar/tired, pull over for a while, stretch and have a drink of water or maybe even a light HEALTHY snack such as some fruit or trail mix. Anything to get your mind and body back into the game.

My first longer solo ride was to North Bay (about the same distance) and I wish I had stopped a couple times more than I did as I realized I was slightly dehydrated and starting making some silly/stupid mistakes once I got close to my destination.

Most importantly, Enjoy the ride! Take some time to look around at the different scenery!

I hope you have a great trip.

Thanks Cougra, I'll keep that in mind, sounds like a pretty good way to battle the fatigue.

While I don't know a good route to take to Tobermory, I can help with a couple tips for longer rides.

Drink lots of water before, during and after the trip. It's easy to get dehydrated, especially in this hotter weather.

Get off the bike once in a while to stretch out a bit. If you have your cager friends near, pretend you have to gas up fairly often if they question why you are stopping so much. I found stopping about once an hour or so, even if it's only a few minutes, for the first few longer trips really helped prevent stiffness afterward.

Fatigue kills! Listen to your body, if it say's I'm soar/tired, pull over for a while, stretch and have a drink of water or maybe even a light HEALTHY snack such as some fruit or trail mix. Anything to get your mind and body back into the game.

My first longer solo ride was to North Bay (about the same distance) and I wish I had stopped a couple times more than I did as I realized I was slightly dehydrated and starting making some silly/stupid mistakes once I got close to my destination.

Most importantly, Enjoy the ride! Take some time to look around at the different scenery!

I hope you have a great trip.

For heavens sake, it's only 300 kms.

If you want to keep it simple just take Airport Road all the way up past Stayner and then follow hwy 26 over to Owen Sound. Not too challenging but quite scenic + lots of hills on Airport rd.

I know of all kinds of twistys that'll have ya screaming for your sleeping bag by the time ya get there !
Ya its only about a three hr. route if ya ride it straight there using the most direct routes but, let me tell you there's MANY fantastic routes between northern gta and tobermory.

What kinda rider are ya and what can ya handle...how much time do ya wanna spend ridin there ?
PM me if some info of what you're looking for....I know a few good routes!

Back
Top Bottom