Full-face helmet with the widest vertical viewing angle | GTAMotorcycle.com

Full-face helmet with the widest vertical viewing angle

In your opinion, out of Shoei, Soumy, Arai, Shark, or other premium full-face helmet manufacturers, which has the widest vertical viewing angle?
I haven't tried many helmets but I hear Arai has a very wide viewing angle. I know my Shark does not and my Scorpion is about the same.

From experience, I have found that eye port size is not the best with Shark lids or with my current AGV GP Tech. I can see the brow of the eye port all the time. My Suomy Vandal is pretty good though and is probably the best I have when you consider "premium brands". If I factor in all brands, my cheaper HJC actually has the widest viewing angles and eye port. Can't speak on Shoei or Arai but from the Shoei's I've tried on, the eye port size is seems generally pretty good.

I can't speak for any of the more expensive brands, but I own three helmets and the best in terms of vertical and horizontal vision is my HJC. It is not the lightest of my helmets, but overall I'm convinced its the best on the market in under $300 field.

I can speak for Arai. I had a Scoprion EXO-700 and I could always see the top part of the helmet.. it was very annoying.

With the new Arai RX-Q, the same shield as on their Corsair-V has 5mm on both sides extra viewing. When I put the Arai on, I cannot see any helmet, top/bottom and side to side. It's like I'm not wearing a helmet at all!

I can speak for Arai. I had a Scoprion EXO-700 and I could always see the top part of the helmet.. it was very annoying.

With the new Arai RX-Q, the same shield as on their Corsair-V has 5mm on both sides extra viewing. When I put the Arai on, I cannot see any helmet, top/bottom and side to side. It's like I'm not wearing a helmet at all!

I just tried the Corsair V, and it is real good. The Shoei RF1100 is also very good, but the lower peripheral vision is slightly less.

Fit and comfort, both are great.

Cost, the Shoei is MUCH cheaper. Shoei is rated better for noise, and visor swapping. I'll probably go with the RF1100

Try them on, some people LOVE and HATE either one, depends on your head. These both fit great. If same price, I'd go with the Aria.

I just tried the Corsair V, and it is real good. The Shoei RF1100 is also very good, but the lower peripheral vision is slightly less.

Fit and comfort, both are great.

Cost, the Shoei is MUCH cheaper. Shoei is rated better for noise, and visor swapping. I'll probably go with the RF1100

Try them on, some people LOVE and HATE either one, depends on your head. These both fit great. If same price, I'd go with the Aria.

Shoei is definitely cheaper.. I tried the RF-1100 but I just wanted an Arai.. lol

A lot of people have been warning me about the visor switching and after taking the pods off and seeing how it all works together.. I can swap out my visor in less than a minute. It's super fast and really easy!! Just have to figure out how it works.. no lie!

I'd take the Suomy off you list if you are looking to see anything while tucked in. I love my Vandal, but you can't see $h!t while laying on the tank:(

Back
Top Bottom