FOUR NEW TRACK RECORDS SET ON NELSON TRACK | GTAMotorcycle.com

FOUR NEW TRACK RECORDS SET ON NELSON TRACK

I believe they have fixed some problem spots on the track surface. Haven't been there in a couple of years, though. (I was at Grand Bend this past weekend.)

Hot weather - by our standards! - helps the tire situation. In normal-for-Canada weather conditions at normal-for-Canada smaller tracks (like Grand Bend, or TMP, or Nelson) it's often hard to keep tires hot enough.

Class structures morph over time ...

Lightweight Production didn't really exist as a class until a few years ago, and the Ninja 400 turned it upside down a couple of years ago. (CSBK restrictor plates in?? anyone checking?) Still ... a 1-minute lap of Nelson in that class is really good.

Sprint Cup also didn't exist as a class until a few years ago. If I remember right, this started in the year that RACE and SOAR tried to harmonise their class structures. It's basically an alternate Superbike class. 53.6 is moving.

Novice is, well, novice. That class is really variable depending upon who shows up. Sounds like they had a decent turnout.

bravo Eli, not an easy feat on a 1000, with no one pushing you or to chase.

Eli did well

Lightweight Production is not really enforced as "production" anymore. ie: a quick turn throttle makes the bike not eligible for the even the current lightweight production class rules. So as bikes get bigger and the rules get more loose new track records are to be expected. Well done by the participants.

The Novice 600 lap record was in that as well. Congrats to the new record holder. That said, racers setting new lap records would have in the past been moved to AM600 before lap record setting achievements were noted. Thus the non-points awarding status of Novice600 races and finishes in past years.

Anyone setting new lap records is doing an awesome job.

Back
Top Bottom