Fobo Bike 2 TPMS | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fobo Bike 2 TPMS

If I have to whip out my phone to look at my TP... I may as well whip out a guage, bend over and check the old fashioned way.
I'd prefer a live monitoring system... with a readout I could look at while riding but...
A good one is spendy and the cheapie Chinese units from Anazon... well, they're cheapie from China..

Expensive, and inconvenient... Not to mention, alot of times the tire pressure is something you want to see during the ride, if a slow leak is happening. So going into the app, and "monitoring" that is defeated.

I bought a wireless charging one on eBay last year, a cheap Chinese one. worked great, up until winter storage, now the unit doesn't turn on. Also constantly taking it off the bike to recharge was a pain.

A friend who has had one of these for 3+ years, just recommended it. Plugs direct, stays on the bike, and doesn't break the bank.

Last edited:
I've been using them for 3 years. Phone goes off to alert if pressure drops. No need to stare at your phone. They cant fly off as they come with a tool that locks them on. Installed metal T stems so they can stay on if air needs to be added. I'd purchase again.

I've been using them for 3 years. Phone goes off to alert if pressure drops. No need to stare at your phone. They cant fly off as they come with a tool that locks them on. Installed metal T stems so they can stay on if air needs to be added. I'd purchase again.

So the phone has to be mounted on the bike? If so, and you have a GPS App open, that means you don't see the temps as you ride right, just rely on it to notify you?

So the phone has to be mounted on the bike? If so, and you have a GPS App open, that means you don't see the temps as you ride right, just rely on it to notify you?
Phones in my pocket. Garmin mounted on the bike. Phone connected to Garmin. Garmin bluetooth connected to helmet coms. I'll hear phone alerts in my helmet speakers. I don't need to see PSI readings. Just an alert if they drop.
Was walking towards my bike last summer in my garage and my phone alert went off. I pulled out my phone and checked the app to find out the pressure in my front tire was low. Did what it was supposed to do.

Phones in my pocket. Garmin mounted on the bike. Phone connected to Garmin. Garmin bluetooth connected to helmet coms. I'll hear phone alerts in my helmet speakers. I don't need to see PSI readings. Just an alert if they drop.
Was walking towards my bike last summer in my garage and my phone alert went off. I pulled out my phone and checked the app to find out the pressure in my front tire was low. Did what it was supposed to do.
Thanks for your input. I have a similar setup with phone connected to GPS which is connected to headset. When phone rings can pick it up through GPS as well. I just got the metal T stem valve and will get it installed on my bike, practical idea. Glad to hear the setup works well. I find it is usually worthwhile to buy quality products, even if it costs a bit more.

WHOA! WIAIT! WHAT? I must be a total newb. There are reliable TPMS systems? Give me this like I'm a 4 year old. What kind and where to buy?

Guess it depends on use case scenarios too. The one's I got alert when the temperature gets too high as-well, like hot days. Nice to see the reading just on the bike before a ride or during right there on the handlebar. For off-road, we lower pressures and use it alot, then off the trail raise them back.

During a slow puncture, or early morning, when it's on the dash you can see it before it even beeps. I find the phone app version, leaves the app to do the monitoring, where as a simple fixed one, lets the user do the monitoring

I put an amazon special on my wifes vehicle. It displays pressure and temperature for four wheels, you can set alarms for pressure and temp. On that one, temps are wildly inaccurate (basically useless). Pressures are close but not perfect. I am more concerned about changes from my set point than absolute values so that works for me. The display is solar or USB powered. Probably not happy with water though so not the best option on a bike. Similar but slightly different to link below.

Just ordered the Fobo Bike 2. All other options seemed kinda sketchy. We'll see how it goes.

Just ordered the Fobo Bike 2. All other options seemed kinda sketchy. We'll see how it goes.
Post update to thread. I have not yet had the opportunity to get the T stem valve installed, so have not yet used mine.

Post update to thread. I have not yet had the opportunity to get the T stem valve installed, so have not yet used mine.

I didn't install the stem, just installed the caps. Set up was simple and seamless. One of the batteries was already very low but they ship with spare batteries too. I really like that there is a battery monitor in the app. I need a new front tire but my rear is still quite new so I won't be in a position to install the stems as a pair for a while. Not sure that I will but I might. Not sure how long the batteries in the stem will last but once installed it would me much more difficult to swap them out. I haven't done any real digging into this but I am just assuming.

All other features are as described in the review videos. I like that I don't have to contort my hands to take the tire pressure readings now. Getting to my tire stems is a bit of a task.

I'm not settled on the value for the dollar at this point. Bought on amazon at this link. The money is spent now.

Although I have a Ram mount for my phone, I don't always use it preferring to toss my phone into the storage box but I like that I have the option to monitor in real time while I am riding if I chose to and of course you can hear the warnings through bluetooth.

I just ordered these from Amazon:

They had several models that include a handlebar mounted display, but I really didn't want to clutter up with another gadget.. I already have a GPS & a GoPro (clone) riding the bar already.
I'm ok with just getting Bluetooth alerts of air pressure issues. My car (2009 Mustang) has TPMS but there is no readout/display, it just beeps at you if one of the tires are low so, I'm used to having no display already.

3 years ago I bought a car TPMS for my wife's 2019 Rav4 because for some crazy stupid reason Toyota decided not to have that available for her otherwise fully loaded car(??!?). Paid under $40 for a system with valve stem caps & a display that plugs into the lighter socket. I though it was going to be more of a joke & wouldn't work, but... geez it's been 3 years now & it's still working AWESOME for her! We had to replace the stem batteries once already which is pretty normal. I'm hoping to get a similar good result from this cheapie motorbike version :)

Finally attached the TPMS device to my bike. Check the pressure before I head out and check it whenever I stop for gas or a break, do not keep it on all the time. So far seems to work as advertised, I am satisfied with the devices performance, it provides the comfort level I was looking for.

Back
Top Bottom