Fake licence plates | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fake licence plates

Cops can look at screens (and even interact with them) while driving legally.

I’ve seen video of the system in action, its pretty much no interaction needed, it just gongs and shows a close up of the plate (and an overall picture of the car for ID purposes) and the infraction it dinged for.

It seems they aren’t really using it for simple infractions like expired stickers and such when it goes off in traffic (high risk pull over for little reward) but more for stolen plates, wanted people, no insurance (yes, the cops can link plates to valid insurance now), that sort of thing.

As for the Orwellian rant, well, let’s all remember driving is a privilege, not a right.
I know they can legally drive distracted I was just surprised at how horrendous that particular system was. It required an extended time period of intense focus away from the road. Legal amd safe are two very different things.

When I was in highschool I used to know a guy that would carry blue electrical tape with him. Modify his plate then fill up and take off with out paying. While I only ever saw him actually do this once (luckily not in car with him) from what I hear he was never caught. Mind you I am going back like 20+ years and now you'd be caught for sure. It was funny as this was a normal occurance for him..

Back
Top Bottom