Evo's New Ride | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Evo's New Ride

Word is that BMW will be swapping out all bikes with Hayes calipers to either Brembos (R bikes and S1000XR) or Nissins (S1000RR).

You should be getting an e-mail soon. Parts will be available in the new year.

BMW got the sprinkled brembo memo

Word is that BMW will be swapping out all bikes with Hayes calipers to either Brembos (R bikes and S1000XR) or Nissins (S1000RR).

yeah, know a guy who knows a few people at BMW corporate and that's been the rumor for awhile now.

BMW got the sprinkled brembo memo

Doubt it. BMW's got nothing on that Snell VP who came onto GTAM to reply to that Snell thread.

giphy.gif

BMW Motorrad Canada: "What's a GTAM?"

Doubt it. BMW's got nothing on that Snell VP who came onto GTAM to reply to that Snell thread.

giphy.gif

BMW Motorrad Canada: "What's a GTAM?"

gonna make a rossi thread on the off chance he googles himself

The unofficial-official word is RR gets Nissin (very close to the set on the M1000RR), everyone else gets Brembos.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :D

Last edited:
For a street bike they're pretty darn awesome. I haven't ridden one (only the S1000R, and that was awesome) but I've been on trips where other riders had the XR and really liked them.

For a street bike they're pretty darn awesome. I haven't ridden one (only the S1000R, and that was awesome) but I've been on trips where other riders had the XR and really liked them.
they're already uh..enough? Can't imagine the difference Brembos are going to offer.

I called Maranello and they advised they won't start this recall until June, sheesh.

@Brian P you`re welcome to hop on the XR anytime you like, just let me know.

Was asked to swap bikes with a buddy, '19 RR.

Wowzer, what a difference from top to bottom compared to the '17 RR i previously rode. Was on it for over 3 hours today and my back didn't make a peep. Felt way more confidence while riding it as well. After speaking to him during the swap back he agreed on the above points, hence him selling his HP4 not too long ago. Seems like they made the bars wider and not as long a reach.

I could almost see myself owning one of these, beauty. If this is what we can expect from the new R i think it will be a hit.

upload.jpg

Was asked to swap bikes with a buddy, '19 RR.

Wowzer, what a difference from top to bottom compared to the '17 RR i previously rode. Was on it for over 3 hours today and my back didn't make a peep. Felt way more confidence while riding it as well. After speaking to him during the swap back he agreed on the above points, hence him selling his HP4 not too long ago. Seems like they made the bars wider and not as long a reach.

I could almost see myself owning one of these, beauty. If this is what we can expect from the new R i think it will be a hit.

View attachment 48967

cruiser, superbike, you're all over the place man

cruiser, superbike, you're all over the place man
one of each is clearly the answer.

but honestly, the experience of just riding it for a day was really that enjoyable.

haven't had a stirring like that one any other super bike so far and i think i've done them all now minus the modern RSV4

Does the owner really have an Instagram username on the tires?!?

and a full system akra it looks like, not stock I wager, and not cheap

Back
Top Bottom