Euro Talent Cup | GTAMotorcycle.com

Euro Talent Cup

timtune

Site Supporter
I've been watching this lately thinking it's fine entertainment (gotta love em heading into a turn 5 abreast) and good racing. Now I find out it's a bunch of young kids. How does a 13 year old end up in this league?

Also a quick question on exceeding track limits. Is that beyond the striped curbing?

Like any world-class athletes these days, kids at this level start riding when they're 3 or 4 years old, so that means pretty much all of them come from families that already have a racing background (and usually, bags of money). Check out Chicho Lorenzo's youtube channel for some of the stuff they start the kids with:

Also, since most of Lorenzo's stuff is in Spanish, an English article:

For anyone wondering what race series we're talking about, check out the FIM CEV Repsol channel on youtube. The races are usually streamed and posted in their entirety. These kids are ruthless, coldblooded axe murderers on track. Highly entertaining.

The track includes the pavement and the curbs, but not the green area beyond the curbs. If your wheel is still touching the curb you're OK, but if it's entirely on the green it counts as an infraction. I'm not sure the total number of infractions they're allowed to accumulate in this class, but eventually it becomes a warning and then a long-lap penalty. They aren't assessed any infractions on the first corner of the first lap though, given the logistics of trying to jam 30 aggressive 13 year old boys into a couple of meters of pavement at 100km/hr.

Back
Top Bottom