DVP North Lawrence West Exit (Lots of Tar Snakes) | GTAMotorcycle.com

DVP North Lawrence West Exit (Lots of Tar Snakes)

STARSHIP

Site Supporter
Warning: More Tar Snakes than asphalt at the entry of the curving part of the off-ramp and just where you are completing braking for the curve.

Very slippery in the heat yesterday.
Tar snakes don’t usually bother me too much but the amount of snakes and the location at corner entry is not ideal without warning.

Yea, don't even think about them. But in the heat and when WAY too many are used on the road it can get kind of greasy.

Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for the heads up.
Those tar snakes make me nervous.
Personal experience is that some brands of tire are more subjective to the snake dance and so is the amount of tire wear.

Just heard about a motorcycle fatality that occured on the exit from the DVP to the 401.
Apparently speed was a factor and the tar snakes could have been another.

Thanks for the heads up.
Those tar snakes make me nervous.
Personal experience is that some brands of tire are more subjective to the snake dance and so is the amount of tire wear.

Just heard about a motorcycle fatality that occured on the exit from the DVP to the 401.
Apparently speed was a factor and the tar snakes could have been another.
Looking at the picture of the scene, surface looks snake free.
Sadly, this was a younger person (perhaps lacking experience) and going to fast.
My assumption is they were focused on where they didn't want to go, and ended up there. (Object fixation).
At this point, the exact reason doesn't matter, a life was lost and a family grieves. Very sad.

Back
Top Bottom