don't understand this quote from state farm | GTAMotorcycle.com

don't understand this quote from state farm

trinibwooi

state farm originally quoted me for $1634
and i asked if the they can beat two other brokers quote of $1434(both quotes from jevco).
she replyed with this:

"The price for the motorcycle insurance and the $100,000 life insurance is $1,017.54 here."

Is that a quote or do i require life insurance for that price?

thats called tied-selling and is illegal. An insurance company cannot say "for $XXX you get bike and life insurance"

I work for SF and I know that you get ZERO discounts for bike insurance it's all pretty straight foreward with them. the only change in your rate would be is if you had your personal auto insured with them as well you get bumped from their "B" plan rates to the "A" plan. "A" plan is their preferred rating.

Ask them how much for just the bike. If they quoted you 1000 for bike AND a life policy then the bike alone should be cheaper. If not get them to explain the difference. If they go on about a multi line discount they are lying because bikes don't get multi line discounts. Is your car insured with SF as well?
Id say try calling a different agent and see what price they give you. It should be the same regardles of what SF agent you go through

Last edited:
If they go on about a multi line discount they are lying because bikes don't get multi line discounts. Is your car insured with SF as well?

You are contradicting yourself... you just said in your previous post that the B plan and A plan give you different rates based on whether or not you bring your car over, which is what I've done with them... which is a multi-line discount.

You are contradicting yourself... you just said in your previous post that the B plan and A plan give you different rates based on whether or not you bring your car over, which is what I've done with them... which is a multi-line discount.

I think what was meant by "multi-line" was discounts between Auto, Home, Life, etc. I'm assuming car and bike are in the same "line". Just guessing...

Yes. Sorry I didnt clarify.
The A and B plan are the rating plans that the company has based on the driver risk. To qualify for the A plan rating for a bike you have to have an auto insured with the company which is also in their A plan rating.
To qualify for A plan rates you must be licensed for 6 years no ratable convictions or at fault accidents.
the multi-line discount is what Daveyflakes posted. You do not get the multi line discount by having 2 auto policies with the company.

Back
Top Bottom