Do these look authentic? (Motorcycle gear) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do these look authentic? (Motorcycle gear)

otwo_91

Hey, I wanted to create this post so that it is here for everyone to use, not just me.

I am looking into buying these from someone on FB marketplace, do these look authentic?

Its supposed to be the non proferated racing-3 one.

The ones on Fortnine look a bit different.

Attachments

• E23DD5C0-383B-47A5-8CBF-6BC7F5CE0A8C.jpeg
    E23DD5C0-383B-47A5-8CBF-6BC7F5CE0A8C.jpeg
    318 KB · Views: 56
  • FDC599AE-13C1-4B6B-B54D-E394BC1178F6.jpeg
    FDC599AE-13C1-4B6B-B54D-E394BC1178F6.jpeg
    376.9 KB · Views: 57
  • B0522B19-58AB-4102-AF4A-395E6C0B2AF4.jpeg
    B0522B19-58AB-4102-AF4A-395E6C0B2AF4.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 56
All those tags look legit and what my other 3 Dianese jackets look to have; whaere does it say it's made, mine all say made in Tunisia. If you're still in doubt, check the zipper if it sucks than you have the real deal (if you know, you know).

Pull out the amour and see that it's CE rated. FYI I wear a 52 (160 lbs and 5'10) and it's really snug without my Dianese backsupport add-on and the sleeves are kind of short by an inch or so, ultimately I wear full gauntlets so it doesn't matter. But be sure to have tried one on in store or something since Italian stuff runs tighter than my Alpinestar gear.

All those tags look legit and what my other 3 Dianese jackets look to have; whaere does it say it's made, mine all say made in Tunisia.

Dainese manufactures their gear in a lot of different countries. I have D jackets made in Romania and Vietnam as well.

If you're still in doubt, check the zipper if it sucks than you have the real deal (if you know, you know).

This is true.

But on most of my riding jackets, Dainese or otherwise, the zipper is the first thing that fails. Either the pull comes off (keyring quick-fix), or the teeth become misaligned (not so easily fixed)...

This video isn't in English, but shows some of the differences between fake and authentic, at least for the Super Speed Tex (SPR) jacket. I think the zippers are the easiest to spot:

Dainese manufactures their gear in a lot of different countries. I have D jackets made in Romania and Vietnam as well.
Corretion, I have 3 leather, fully armored riding jackets that I bought when I lived and worked in Italy. Two are from Tunsia and the other was made in Ukraine. The Ukrainian one has the worst zipper of them all for some reason despite having the least amount of use of the 3, it looks similar to OPs without the logo on the chest with white accents.
This is true.

But on most of my riding jackets, Dainese or otherwise, the zipper is the first thing that fails. Either the pull comes off (keyring quick-fix), or the teeth become misaligned (not so easily fixed)...
It's really lame, I have Alpinestars a full 1-piece racing suit as well as a riding jacket both made in Vietnam and the zippers are flawless on it and I can put the Dianese back protector, it's super snug but it fits. I tried some at the gear store to figute out my size and if I had a side by side with no real 'brand awareness' I'd just leave the Dianese out of the equation because of the zipper; they're that bad.

I went down on a low speed low side with cheap gear and had to nurse two lumbar vertebrae back to health and I still have a bit of sciatica from time to time, so I always advocate having proper gear and bought quite a lot (5 riding jackets, 1 race suit and 7 helmets).

Used gear is fine, just make sure it fits correctly; one of my ex's co-workers ruined his arm on a high speed lowside he is/was a software developer so that took him out of commison for a bit.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom