Do I need a passport to get M1 if I already have my G? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do I need a passport to get M1 if I already have my G?

eljay

I want to go do M1 straight after work but don't have my passport with me. Anyone know if I can just flash my G and OHIP and they'll let me do the M1 test?

You need a passport to get your license now? :confused1:

when i did my m1 and had the g already all they wanted to see was the drivers licence card before the test.

If your heading down after work, watch your timing because they wont let you start the test less than 2 hours before Service Ontario closes (at least at college park). Sonic they close at 6 and you get there after 4, your SOL

I want to go do M1 straight after work but don't have my passport with me. Anyone know if I can just flash my G and OHIP and they'll let me do the M1 test?

Just your valid G and OHIP should be fine. Just make sure they're both not expired.

The link you sent was for new applicants only. i.e. For folks that do not have a drivers license.

If you're a born Canadian then it's advisable to take your birth certificate (just in case, though it should not be needed).
If you're a naturalized citizen then your citizenship card will work. If you're a permanent resident then your PR card will work. For any other status see if anything in list one applies. Again these additional identity documents should not be required if you already have a valid G, but you might as well carry them if you have it.

I took my passport with my but they didn't bother with it. They just accepted my D/L.

If your heading down after work, watch your timing because they wont let you start the test less than 2 hours before Service Ontario closes (at least at college park). Sonic they close at 6 and you get there after 4, your SOL
2 hours? Why? I wrote all three tests in the same time it took the instructor to mark them.

2 hours? Why? I wrote all three tests in the same time it took the instructor to mark them.

Because some of the locations, especially College Park and where I went - Victoria Terrace (in Scarborough) are EXTREMELY busy.

It look me 3 hours of waiting to get in to write my M1 at Vic Terrace and another 3 hours to get my paperwork processed for my M2 @ College Park Service Ontario.

*College Park was during the strike 2 years ago so that was the only place available to go for the upgrade and therefore that location was most likely busier than normal at the time.

Yeah that what I said when they told me to come back on Monday, and I was only 15min passed the deadline. When I did get to take my test, I was in as out in 30min

OK I got to College park at about 5:05 with only my G and that was no problem. I was out by 6:10 with an M1.

They are open until 8 on Thursdays and it wasn't too busy there, maybe the temperature is keeping people away. I'm going to go sit on some ice cubes in front of the AC fan now that I'm home.

Last edited:
Congratulations.

I brought my driver's license when I did my M1, no issues.

You don't need a passport. I went to the drive center at 5555 Eglington and the only id i showed them was my birth certificate. I don't have a G or any other license. Although i am in the computer from 15 years ago and mentioned it, but i don't think he used that.

That said though, six months prior i went to the center near downsview airport and after waiting in line for nearly 2 hours i got to the desk, explained that i didn't have a G or a passport, but had my ohip card, ssn and birth certificate. the lady said that was fine, but then came back and said that because one tiny corner of my birth certificate was torn that she could not accept it (it was missing just the final digit of my birth certificate #) so i said, well i did have a G in ontario 15 years ago, can't you still pull me up on your computer to verify? to which she grumpily just said no and handed me back my papers and said to come back after i got my birth certificate replaced.

Now.. after doing that and after much hassle, i went back but to the Eglington location, and as i said the guy just asked for my birth certificate, and when i mentioned what happened prior and said couldn't she have pulled me up on the computer? he said yes. So i went through six months of unnecessary waiting all because of a ***** who i suppose was having a bad day the first time i went.. :confused1:

Back
Top Bottom