Demerit points and insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Demerit points and insurance

bengali548

Hey guys

It's been a bad year for me so far I got 2 tickets (first tickets ever) this year

One ticket was 3 demerit points (got pulled over with someone else however, the cop gave me my buddies ticket and my ticket to my buddy. we both denied knowing eachother)

The other ticket was for driving thru a right turn only lane (don't know how many demerits I think it's 2)

I filed both tickets and I'm waiting for my court date and I have 3 questions

1) am I home free with the first ticket? Should I fight regardless of what the crown offers?

2) what do you think the crown will offer for the second ticket? If s/he would remove the demerits the ticket will still affect my rates so should I just fight it and risk it?

3) worst case scenario and I lose both cases and get 5 demerits how badly (percent wise) will my insurance rise?

Getting the points dropped will do nothing for saving your insurance record. The insurance companies only look at number of tickets. Fight every ticket. Three tickets (even if there are no demerit points) in 3 years and most insurance companies consider you facility. Hire a paralegal at the very least, your wallet will thank you in the long run.

Sent from my Desire HD

Getting the points dropped will do nothing for saving your insurance record. The insurance companies only look at number of tickets. Fight every ticket. Three tickets (even if there are no demerit points) in 3 years and most insurance companies consider you facility. Hire a paralegal at the very least, your wallet will thank you in the long run.

Sent from my Desire HD

I plan on getting a paralegal but I got some brotips from my buddies they told me to

A) delay the ticket
B)ask the register person (crown I think) if the cop is present than plead guilty or innocent

Back
Top Bottom