Dealer Cost | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealer Cost

Okay, let's do some quick math - 2018 GSXR1000 MSRP is $18,699, DRZ400SM is $7,699.
2017s aren't shown on Suzuki's website, but likely aren't all that much cheaper.
Let's say you can talk the dealer down to 15% off both machines (which I doubt), that's $15,895 and $6,545 respectively.
Add in say $250 for freight and pdi on each one plus HST that comes out to $18,240 and $7,678 plus licencing.
So, $23k isn't going to get you both bikes, more like $26K+, dealer won't sell to you below cost.
How's that look compared to what you were quoted ?
Forget the MSRP on the new GSX-R's...every dealer I spoke to is unloading them below cost. Even with the discounts from Suzuki and a $500 Visa card promotion, they're still sitting. The superbike market has dried up and the GSX-R is the last on the list of the people who are still buying superbikes.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

I've had nothing but trouble recently trying to buy new...dealers trying to fleece every dollar they can.

Forget the MSRP on the new GSX-R's...every dealer I spoke to is unloading them below cost.

I'm confused...are they trying to fleece you for every dollar they can, or are they unloading them below cost?

If there is a deal to be made, especially on old stock, the dealer will make it. We've sold cars at a loss because it was better to move the inventory than let it sit any longer and lose more money. Eventually they all get sold.

If what you are offering is being rejected then it isn't worth the loss to them, at this point in time. They would rather hold onto it until someone pays what they need to sell it for or as close to it as possible.

I'm confused...are they trying to fleece you for every dollar they can, or are they unloading them below cost?

If there is a deal to be made, especially on old stock, the dealer will make it. We've sold cars at a loss because it was better to move the inventory than let it sit any longer and lose more money. Eventually they all get sold.

If what you are offering is being rejected then it isn't worth the loss to them, at this point in time. They would rather hold onto it until someone pays what they need to sell it for or as close to it as possible.
They're having a hard time taking a loss on the GSX-R's. They're taking losses on the GSX-S lineup as well. Suzuki's new efforts aren't exciting enough. Yamaha is wiping the floor with them. Suzuki should help the dealers out. Even all of the insentives aren't enough. One dealer in Ottawa has a **** load of GSX-R's sitting from 2017. One is a demo with a smashed gas tank. Some of them have admitted the bikes were overpriced,...so they'll accept your offer and then try and jack you on their BS charges. Can't blame them, they're not in business to lose money. It must be frustrating when your chosen manufacturer overprices its products.

One dealer in Quebec says they can't do business through email.

Bottom line is I couldn't give my money away. So I bought slightly used. The devil-may-care attitude from all of them is kind of astonishing.

I will post my new bike tomorrow.

/end thread

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Suzuki bikes in general have been the last on peoples list for 10 years, seems like they are a bit of a laughing stock these days with their outdated lineup. I see people making jokes about it all the time it seems. Their MX bike isn't competitive either. KTM and Yamaha and such are so far ahead.

Forget the MSRP on the new GSX-R's...every dealer I spoke to is unloading them below cost. Even with the discounts from Suzuki and a $500 Visa card promotion, they're still sitting. The superbike market has dried up and the GSX-R is the last on the list of the people who are still buying superbikes.
No question, Suzuki is in tough shape - not enough new models (the cruisers haven't changed in decades) and sportbikes generally are a hard sell except for folks with deep pockets. Ever since they dropped the car line in North America and tried to off the outboards to Johnson/Evinrude they seem to have lost their way.

As sad as it sounds, sometimes, you have to let go of inventories less than what you have purchased. Same with my business as well.

I know it surprises some people, Best Buy sells Apple product at the exact same price they bought them for. They carry them because they have good % of people buying other accessories with them.

Back
Top Bottom