cutting a windshield | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

cutting a windshield

I cut mine on my metal cutting band saw, using the bolt on table that came within it.. Then sanded the edge working down to 1000 water paper..

Attachments

• PXL_20210425_142717231.jpg
    PXL_20210425_142717231.jpg
    579.8 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20210425_144204467.jpg
    PXL_20210425_144204467.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 20
Need a test ride report. Is it quieter, less buffeting?
And yeah, we knew you could do it.

Need a test ride report. Is it quieter, less buffeting?
And yeah, we knew you could do it.
Gladly...didn't notice any helmet buffeting at high speed but the biggest difference was a substantial reduction in wind noise in the helmet. Previously I would endure this crazy roar, that roar is now gone.
Shoulda done this a long time ago. The 2" taller than stock windshield I have on order will be used for long trips I suppose.

Gladly...didn't notice any helmet buffeting at high speed but the biggest difference was a substantial reduction in wind noise in the helmet. Previously I would endure this crazy roar, that roar is now gone.

Yeah, once you put a larger windscreen on that moves the wind above your neck, you basically have to keep super-sizing it till the wind goes completely over and around your helmet to eliminate the buffeting. There's no in-between.

You basically only have two options: shortie to get clean air to the helmet, or a barn door to get a completely still bubble of air around your head. Most people do the latter, because they haven't figured out the former yet.

Good job, looks well done!

I
Done. Jigsaw. Didn't remove from bike. Chameleon inspired me to have a pre-cut poop. Very helpful…
Ive never tried a pre-work “poop” before working on my bikes. Interesting tip, how did it help?

Shoulda done this a long time ago. The 2" taller than stock windshield I have on order will be used for long trips I suppose.
Bingo we have another winner. I have the taller shield for my killer. It hangs in my garage. I think your will too.
Not sure how tall the other screen is but I can't stand looking through the sheild. If I have to look through a shield it's jig saw time.

If my memory serves me right... you have a Tracer

If you plan on just tossing the scratched one. I'll take it off your hands.

Lol. I was watching your ad. I've heard mixed reviews about the yamaha touring screen.
I'm not a fan of the stock screen, I think I'm cutting it down now. Mine looks like someone cleaned the top 3 inches with a brillo pad anyway.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Lol. I was watching your ad. I've heard mixed reviews about the yamaha touring screen.
I'm not a fan of the stock screen, I think I'm cutting it down now. Mine looks like someone cleaned the top 3 inches with a brillo pad anyway.

Not my ad. Just pointing it out.

If my memory serves me right... you have a Tracer

If you plan on just tossing the scratched one. I'll take it off your hands.

I just picked up a used Vstream sport windscreen and for some reason it came with another stock screen. I now have 2 if you're still interested in one.
It's free if you want it. I'm in Barrie but I get all over Ontario frequently.

I just picked up a used Vstream sport windscreen and for some reason it came with another stock screen. I now have 2 if you're still interested in one.
It's free if you want it. I'm in Barrie but I get all over Ontario frequently.

I'm good Iceman but thank you, my now-shortened stock screen is great and I had also (somewhat prematurely) ordered the V-Stream sport-touring which is 2" taller than stock, which unfortunately I probably won't use too often, if at all.

Now you need one of these:

EDGE_SCRAPER_Resized.jpg

CRAFTICS EDGE SCRAPER

Back
Top Bottom